Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Have you bought an extended warranty?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brcd131

brcd131

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 87 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, 2009 Prius

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

We all know how complex the FFH is, and I am wondering how many people have bought the extended warranty? And who did you buy it from? Do you feel you got a good discount?

181202.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Yes I bought one but got it for $500 cheaper that what my dealer offered... do a search on the forum for keywords 'extended warranty' as I think there are several threads and many posts on this one that can help get you some more info.

• ace8726872 and dalesky like this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#3 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yes I bought one but got it for $500 cheaper that what my dealer offered... do a search on the forum for keywords 'extended warranty' as I think there are several threads and many posts on this one that can help get you some more info.

I got one too. And what jeff_h said +1

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver Metallic

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#4 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm going to research this today. What level of coverage did you guys buy?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#5 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm going to research this today. What level of coverage did you guys buy?

I got the PremiumCare, which was the highest level when I went to floodfordesp.com  (which is where I saved $510 over what the dealer gave me as his "have a special going on right now" pricing.

I put a lot of miles on my car, so bought the 4yr/100k for the 2010 but hit 100k before 3 years.... now the mile coverage can go up to 125k, so I got the 4yr/125k.

204627.png

#6 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,505 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

How is the term for your warranty stated?

I bought a 7 year 36000 mile warranty for my 2010.  I don't put a lot of miles on the car so it made sense at the time.

However the first 3 years of that warranty ran concurrent with the Ford warranty so in effect it meant nothing until the beginning of the 4th year.

I was exhausted taliking to the salesman and lost my focus.

Since my new car will have a

3 year/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty

5 year/60000 mile powertrain warranty

8 year/100000 mile hybrid unique components warranty

5 year/60000 mile roadside assistance warranty

do I really need an extended warranty?

Keep in mind that a warranty is basically the seller betting that nothing will go wrong and you betting that something will go wrong.

If they didn't expect to make money on the warranty they wouldn't offer it.

At the very least an extended warranty should start when the manufacturer's warranty ends, not run concurrent with it.

• hybridbear likes this

#7 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Its just an insurance policy, nothing more.  Like anything else, finding the Ford ESP at the best price is key.

I got one for my 2010 just before the miles hit 36K. I shopped around and found the full ESP was roughly $2200 for it, and my dealer got it to me for $1700.   If you buy it when you first buy the car it is a lot less expensive. The longer you wait the higher the price goes.

Once I finally get my crap together and it comes down to getting the HyTi, I will shop for the ESP while its still new and save a few hundred.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#8 OFFLINE   Da0ne

Da0ne

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 323 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi, 2014 Lexus IS 250 AWD

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

i got it also on mine

319386.png

305468.png

retired 9/23

180884.png

#9 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Its just an insurance policy, nothing more.  Like anything else, finding the Ford ESP at the best price is key.

I got one for my 2010 just before the miles hit 36K. I shopped around and found the full ESP was roughly $2200 for it, and my dealer got it to me for $1700.   If you buy it when you first buy the car it is a lot less expensive. The longer you wait the higher the price goes.

Once I finally get my crap together and it comes down to getting the HyTi, I will shop for the ESP while its still new and save a few hundred.

Is it really a lot more expensive if you wait? I've always read that it's not a good idea to buy an extended warranty since you can always buy it later down the line. It seems odd to me to buy an extended warranty that overlaps with the factory warranty.

#10 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Is it really a lot more expensive if you wait? I've always read that it's not a good idea to buy an extended warranty since you can always buy it later down the line. It seems odd to me to buy an extended warranty that overlaps with the factory warranty.

I believe it is $100 cheaper if you purchase before the 1-year point, at least that was a stipulation on the site where I purchased.

204627.png

#11 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

We didn't bother with an extended warranty. We might add something later on though depending on how it goes with the car. The night of delivery the finance guy was real high pressure trying to sell us a warranty and wouldn't listen when I told him no

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#12 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

It's cheaper because the Ford 36 month warranty and the extended warranty run concurrently. So on a 72 month extended warranty you're only getting a extra 36 months. If I decide to buy an extended warranty it will be just before the Ford warranty runs out.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#13 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thats what I did, but with the amount of miles I put on, the time frame wouldnt matter, I would burn through the miles long before the time ran out. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#14 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SE Fusion Hybrid Ruby Red 18" Tires

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

The Hybrid scared me a little with all those instrument  gauge Panels and modules that could go wrong, so I bought the 5 Yr. 60-K Pkg. I got a small discount because I wasn't a happy camper at that point of the sell and I bought it directly from Ford.. I paid $875.00 for the 0 deduction, PremiumCare. We don't put much mileage on our cars anymore.

#15 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

After reading about Flood Ford and their online offers I was ready to buy from them after picking up my car.
My dealer of course offered ESP while going thru the paperwork and I told him that I already had one picked out. He was curious about the price so I showed it to him on my phone and he couldn't believe the price. He kept saying it's his invoice and this can be from a Ford dealer.
So he went back to check his price and sold me ESP for his invoice price which was about 65 bucks over the one from Flood Ford.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#16 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

After reading about Flood Ford and their online offers I was ready to buy from them after picking up my car.
My dealer of course offered ESP while going thru the paperwork and I told him that I already had one picked out. He was curious about the price so I showed it to him on my phone and he couldn't believe the price. He kept saying it's his invoice and this can be from a Ford dealer.
So he went back to check his price and sold me ESP for his invoice price which was about 65 bucks over the one from Flood Ford.

What's Flood Ford?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#17 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

What's Flood Ford?

Dealer out of Rhode Island who sells Ford ESP plans online... I have purchased my last 3 plans there (price quote my dealer gave me was $500 higher than buying online).  floodfordesp.com

204627.png

#18 OFFLINE   erichFla

erichFla

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 171 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SE Fusion Hybrid Ruby Red 18" Tires

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

Some States you can't use them, like Mine, Fla. The State of Fla. has a set of rules on this Extended Service Protection Plan and it will not give you a quote if you put you bought the car in the State of Fla. I tried it, no quote given, so I change the state name and got the quote but does me no good as I live in Fla. and I already bought the ESP through my Ford dealership here in Fla.

Edited by erichFla, 02 April 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Some States you can't use them, like Mine, Fla. The State of Fla. has a set of rules on this Extended Service Protection Plan and it will not give you a quote if you put you bought the car in the State of Fla. I tried it, no quote given, so I change the state name and got the quote but does me no good as I live in Fla. and I already bought the ESP through my Ford dealership here in Fla.

Yup, Florida state laws about extended plans like that have to be bought locally (in FL). I used to work for a computer manufacturer and we weren't allowed to sell to FL and some other state, I forget... We had to refer to an in-state store. IIRC it was to prevent people from out of state scamming people over extended contracts or something.

• erichFla likes this

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#20 OFFLINE   Harbor

Harbor

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Let me start by saying I don't advise people to buy extended warranties.  Often you're giving money to an insurance company who then decides (at a later date) if something is covered.and if they want to give your money back to you. In general they are a scam.

But given:

1) My FFH is a Ford - sorry if that offends anyone here but Ford is not reknowned for their quality despite the marketing campaigns. (See the drivetrain cracking issue if you need any more proof)

2) First year model car (it was based off the Mondeo in Europe but it's not the same) - need I say any more?

3) Built in Mexico and after they had quality issues they had to send them to Flat Rock to be re-inspected. Most of your cars were redirected to Flat Rock when they identified QA problems in the Hermosilla plant. Dealers played dumb or tried to spin this as a good thing when customers asked them about it.

4) The amount of technology in the car, I believe almost 4GB of data passes through the car daily. It's essentially a computer on wheels.

5) Hybrids are not easy to work on and garages are not up to speed on fixing them.  Issues will often require dealers and that means dealer repair rates.

I bought an extended warranty. I hope it wasn't a mistake but we'll find out. It's a gamble.

The biggest factor was "1st year model". It was really expensive (over 2K) but the issues covered were comprehensive (Platinum) and clearly defined. I went with 7 year/100k which covers me for years 4,5,6,7. It is essentially an extension of my bumper to bumper coverage.

If I have a decent size issue it's a wash. More than that and it's saved me money.  Crossing my fingers that it's not even needed.

-Harbor

Edited by Harbor, 19 April 2013 - 10:33 AM.

• acdii, hybridbear, bcrisp and 1 other like this

195002.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·