brcd131

Have you bought an extended warranty?

Yes I bought one but got it for $500 cheaper that what my dealer offered... do a search on the forum for keywords 'extended warranty' as I think there are several threads and many posts on this one that can help get you some more info.

I'm going to research this today. What level of coverage did you guys buy?

I got the PremiumCare, which was the highest level when I went to floodfordesp.com (which is where I saved $510 over what the dealer gave me as his "have a special going on right now" pricing.

I put a lot of miles on my car, so bought the 4yr/100k for the 2010 but hit 100k before 3 years.... now the mile coverage can go up to 125k, so I got the 4yr/125k.

Its just an insurance policy, nothing more. Like anything else, finding the Ford ESP at the best price is key.

I got one for my 2010 just before the miles hit 36K. I shopped around and found the full ESP was roughly $2200 for it, and my dealer got it to me for $1700. If you buy it when you first buy the car it is a lot less expensive. The longer you wait the higher the price goes.

Once I finally get my crap together and it comes down to getting the HyTi, I will shop for the ESP while its still new and save a few hundred.

Is it really a lot more expensive if you wait? I've always read that it's not a good idea to buy an extended warranty since you can always buy it later down the line. It seems odd to me to buy an extended warranty that overlaps with the factory warranty.

I believe it is $100 cheaper if you purchase before the 1-year point, at least that was a stipulation on the site where I purchased.

Thats what I did, but with the amount of miles I put on, the time frame wouldnt matter, I would burn through the miles long before the time ran out.

What's Flood Ford?

Dealer out of Rhode Island who sells Ford ESP plans online... I have purchased my last 3 plans there (price quote my dealer gave me was $500 higher than buying online). floodfordesp.com

No offense taken, you made perfectly correct points. I have one for my 2010 FFH, just in case, and the car has been perfect for the past 40K miles, not one issue other than a software glitch for the dash that an update corrected.

Edited by acdii