Take pictures of it, from different angles, and close ups in high resolution, not fro a smart phone, but a real camera. If there is no indication from an impact, then they will have a hard time saying it was.

If the crack is spreading and there is a noticeable gap, then they cant say impact damage, cause that is purely a stress fracture then, an impact wont cause the lens to spread.

The Service Manager called me and said that he has some discretionary funds that he can use in such cases and that Apple Valley Ford will replace the tail lens and their expense since Ford won't cover it as a one time goodwill offering. I didn't even have to ask about this, he offered. I think he was more willing to do so because of all the other issues we've had with the car in the few short months we've owned it. So, at last, resolution. Although I am still not happy with Ford, just my dealer

Well that's good, so now you don't have to test drive one of their other Fusions back to the house and swap out the lenses. :hysterical:

Apparently, though I havent seen it on mine, but the D pillars on the Flex tend to crack, and Ford has been replacing them under warranty. With that finding, I find it hard to believe you would get grief regarding the cracked lens.