Kaleido

Here is the spare you need

My car has the original FFH 17 inch wheels.

I picked up my spare tire "donut" from my dealer today, they mounted and balanced the wheel and tire for me, they don't buy it as a unit, they buy the tire and the wheel separately. the cost was $255.00 It's a T16x4T wheel and the tire is T125/80/D16 97M. The overall size of it measures 24 inches and the tire that is on my car now measures about 25.5 inches. The part number of the wheel is CV6Z1015B , the tire number is UHK16 12580 (S400 BW). The spare tire inflated fit perfectly into the spare tire area after I took out the Air pump and the insert. I already have a jack and wrench.

I called the dealer today to make sure the overall size was OK, since it is about an inch and a half smaller than my original, they said the size is fine, I can drive on the donut without worry. So I did that, I put it on the right front, not the left front because I didn't want to head into oncoming traffic if there was a problem. Off I went, well it pulls like hell to the right when breaking and it goes to the left when accelerating. But it is totally drivable! Remember, this is for emergency use only. but I would not be afraid to have to put 50 or 100 miles on it if I had to. I really gave it the test! Drove it for 20 miles round trip on winding country roads and some decent straightaways. Handling quality seemed fine, it's the breaking that takes getting used to. I got up to 70 mph and the handling was fine, I took the 35 mph parts of the road at between 50 & 60 mph, all was well with the handling I even came around one turn on the 35 mph section doing 50 mph and had a traffic jam in front of me, the car stopped and handled perfectly now that I was used to the pull to the right. Accelerating was fine too, floor it from a dead stop and get up to 60 mph without a problem, just have to compensate steering a little to the right. At about 17 miles my sensor light came on warning of a tire pressure problem, that's because there is no sensor in the spare,

Thanks for doing the research and experimenting. I can't tell you how much I personally appreciate this info. Thanks again.

Kaleido, Awesome Test run with the new spare tire. Plus the fact it fits inflated in the spare tire area. Seems like you did everything you could think of to test it out.

I'm waiting on GrySql's Report to get his on and tested, as we both have the 18" tires on our Hybrids.

Thanks for your Info and test, well done.

Edited by erichFla

Finally!

Now we know what works with the stock tires/wheels as well as fits in the trunk and the part numbers.

Great job.

I looked up my own wheel at http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx before I had my own dealer order it and we both came up with the same part number, and as I remember it the SPARE WHEEL was the same for any 2013 Fusion regardless of it's wheel size, but I couldn't find the tire on this web site. Since mine is a lot smaller than my regular wheel & tire I wonder if Ford will come up with the same one I have for all the models? Should be easy enough to check at a dealer with a non Hybrid car they already have that has 18 or 19 inch wheels, just look at the spare in the trunk and see what size it is, the spare wheel is stamped 16 (16")

My car has the original FFH 17 inch wheels.
I picked up my spare tire "donut" from my dealer today, they mounted and balanced the wheel and tire for me, they don't buy it as a unit, they buy the tire and the wheel separately. the cost was $255.00 It's a T16x4T wheel and the tire is T125/80/D16 97M. The overall size of it measures 24 inches and the tire that is on my car now measures about 25.5 inches. The part number of the wheel is CV6Z1015B , the tire number is UHK16 12580 (S400 BW). The spare tire inflated fit perfectly into the spare tire area after I took out the Air pump and the insert. I already have a jack and wrench.

Thanks to Kaleido for finding and testing a spare for the FFH with 17" wheels, it will probably work with any Fusion.

For those with the 18" wheels and want a larger spare tire there is an alternative that works too.

Read about it here.

Edited by GrySql

The 17" and 18" wheel tire combo are only .25" difference in height.

That stock 16" spare wheel/tire combo is 2-1/2" smaller than an 18" combo.

The larger tire on the the stock 16" donut wheel that I use is only 1/2" smaller than the 18' combo.

The main difference will probably be the pull of the smaller donut spare when driving when it's on the front.

Putting the small donut on the rear and using a stock 18" tire on the front will fix that issue.

Ford told me if I ran the 16" donut as a replacement i my loose warranty coverage on the car.

Ford rim cv6z-1015-b tire Maxxis tire t125/80 r 16.

Has anyone else been told by Ford that loosing part of your warrannty could happen if you ran an 16" wheel with 3 18" inch wheels.

Ford told me if I ran the 16" donut as a replacement i my loose warranty coverage on the car.

Ford rim cv6z-1015-b tire Maxxis tire t125/80 r 16.

Has anyone else been told by Ford that loosing part of your warrannty could happen if you ran an 16" wheel with 3 18" inch wheels.

Welcome to the Forums!

Do you mean that your particular Ford 'Dealer' told you that or some other Ford administrative agency?

Not all Dealer's are the same, so where you get your information is important.

My Dealer measured the wheel well, found the right size donut tire, sold the wheel and tire to me, mounted the tire and had the Tire Tech drive around with me.

My Dealership is no light-weight dealership, to make a point, it is the one that Ford uses for all the Mike Rowe commercials.

They are also the 2012 Ford President's Award agency for Excellence in Service and Sales.

My discussions were with the Facility Director, a Service Advisor, the eCVT Tech and the Tire Tech at that Dealer.

They were concerned that I put a spare tire as close to the diameter as the normal wheel/tire as possible, that's all.

Of course, they could have forgotten to tell me that my warranty would be voided if I used it, but they didn't tell me that.

Besides, Kaleido bought a standard spare from a Dealer and drove it all over with no ill effects.

One of the things that might happen is the Dash Display may light up because the donut spare does not have a Sensor.

Edit: BTW, the spare does not have to go on the front, ever.

If the flat is on the front of the car, move a back wheel/tire to the front and place the smaller spare tire on the rear of the car.

How does that affect the eCVT or the drive train?

There has been a lot written about spare tires and the FFH on these Forums and, to my knowledge, the Warranty has never been questioned.

But, stranger things have happened.....

Edited by GrySql

The spare tire that works for the 2013 and 2014 Fusions seems to be the same tire that the 2012-2014 Focus uses. Hmmmm.

My Ford Dealer showed me the spare tire that comes with a Ford Fusion (not the Hybrid). The number on the tire was the same that

Kaleido found (T125/80/D16 97M). Wouldn't that fit on my 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

Thanks,

Paul

My Ford Dealer showed me the spare tire that comes with a Ford Fusion (not the Hybrid). The number on the tire was the same that

Kaleido found (T125/80/D16 97M). Wouldn't that fit on my 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid?

Welcome to the FFH Forum.

Yes.

There are two choices of spare tire size discussed in these Forums, that is the smaller of the two.

Buying the 2014 Fusion spare is the easy way to do it. Don't forget the jack and lug wrench kit.

Edited by GrySql

I bought a 2013 spare tire with the jack and lug wrench kit for my '13 FFH off of ebay. It came out of a wrecked car and was brand new. It fits perfectly in the FFH trunk. When I questioned my dealer about any warranty issues they said there was no issue and they recommended replacing the tire mobility kit with the spare. The spare from a 2014 also works fine.

I bought a 2013 spare tire with the jack and lug wrench kit for my '13 FFH off of ebay. It came out of a wrecked car and was brand new. It fits perfectly in the FFH trunk. When I questioned my dealer about any warranty issues they said there was no issue and they recommended replacing the tire mobility kit with the spare. The spare from a 2014 also works fine.

What size wheel/tire combo do you have on the Z? I have the 19", and I am concerned these spares everyone is raving about would be too small. ??? :read:

What size wheel/tire combo do you have on the Z? I have the 19", and I am concerned these spares everyone is raving about would be too small. ??? :read:

I have the 18" standard wheels.

I don't understand why most of you are so concerned with the size of the spare tire. If the regular car comes with a standard spare tire you won't get a different one depending on your regular wheel size, it's one size for all.

Remember it's an emergency backup that you don't wanna drive for hundreds of miles. It will drive a bit funky but it will work to get you safely out of danger and to a tire shop and it won't damage the cars mechanics or electronics (which would be crazy anyway).

Thanks for confirming the 2014 Ford Fusion spare will fit the FFH. Is there a reason not to go that route (other than cost)? Is that something

I can order from a Ford dealer?

Paul

You can order it from a dealer. I just looked on ebay and found a 2013. There were no 2014's listed. I paid $200 shipping included.

I don't understand why most of you are so concerned with the size of the spare tire.

Not to re-hash the whole concern, I'll simply say that over a year ago some of us were told by Dealers that a standard spare tire shouldn't be used on a FFH because of the eCVT (and other reasons).

Eventually that was proved to be bad info. In my case I wanted a larger spare tire as close to the diameter of my 18" wheel/tire size. That's it in a nutshell.

Every so often someone drops into these spare tire Topics and it starts all over again.

You're right, use anything you like, put the spare on the back axle if you're worried about the eCVT and mismatched tires on the front.

I'm glad it's that easy now.

I road tested the standard spare on my Ti Hy with 18" wheels last Sunday. Works fine, pulls a little to one side and the TPM light stayed on since there is no monitor in the spare. I will get you out of a pinch. Be sure to have a jack and a lug wrench with you too.

I would like to say thank you to all who posted the very helpful spare tire information in this thread. I was able to locate the entire spare tire assembly (wheel/tire, jack, foam block, and retention bolt) for the 2015 FFH that I have on order.

Thanks again.

The spare tire that works for the 2013 and 2014 Fusions seems to be the same tire that the 2012-2014 Focus uses. Hmmmm.

Here's exactly what you asked for. New Full size (not donut) Focus spare, $179. with free shipping from Pa. It is what I have and it fits in the trunk just fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-2014-12-13-14-Ford-Focus-Spare-Tire-Full-size-16-inch-Fusion-/281389578741?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheel_Packages&hash=item41842039f5&vxp=mtr