acdii

Tools for looking up orders

I see it a lot, how do I lookup up this, or lookup that, or how long does it take.....

Here are a couple sites that help a lot.

Sticker lookup tool. This can be used once you obtain a VIN and the sticker has been generated. http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Also useful if you are researching a car and want to see what it has on it. If you look at most sites, you get a generic overview, so this is very useful.

Another tool is build date.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do or here.

When you have a VIN and want to see when the car was actually produced, go there and pop in the VIN. It will list the build sheet on a completed car.

Showing what was installed at the factory.

What you can also find out is the average time it takes from when a sticker was generated to when the car was actually produced, so when you get your sticker, Hey when do you think they will build it can be answered. If you look at the very bottom of the sticker you will see a date stamp. Looks something like CM121 N RA 2X 325 002495 12 12 12 It's in the group with method of transport and Item #. This is the issue date of the VIN and/or Sticker. Now if you go to Etis, and pop in the VIN you will get

Build Date: 19.12.2012

Or roughly 7 days after the sticker was issued.

So to get a rough idea as to how long before your car is built once a sticker has been issued and viewable on the labels page, go to someplace like Cars.com and look up a few cars from there and average out the difference between when the sticker was issued and when the actual build date is.

Edited by GrySql
housekeeping

Finding the sticker lookup tool comes in handy not just for looking up Fusions, but for all other Fords and Lincolns.

Here is a web site that I saw referenced on BOF, I tried it with a VIN that is currently in production and it worked great (tried it on my VIN and it showed nothing, so maybe the info drops off once the car is built and delivered).

I don't think it has all the attributes that Meagan (above) can access such as current location based on the Vehicle Visibility Report, but for those who have a retail order placed and looking for a scheduled build date, give this a try:

http://wwwqa.cotus.ford.com/

I tried that new tracking webpage as well, and was successful only with VINs for pickups. But then again I only tried a handful of VINs, which included at least 1 Fusion and 1 Mustang. However, it did not show the scheduled build date for the one VIN I was comparing to what was posted by cyberdman in his tracking topic area on BOF.

BUT, it is a whole lot more tracking info than the "nothing" that Ford provided before though.