Sign in to follow this  
Earthdog

Looking for 110 cable for charging

So I am new to this picking up my Energi TI last night. I am seeking an extra charging cable and the dealship said they don't carry them. I Google don't them to no avail. Is there specific words to get a result on Google? I'm sure someone wants to sell them.

They have to have a part number to order one with. Seems pretty strange if they dont considering they have to be EV certified in order to sell an Energi.

So I am new to this picking up my Energi TI last night. I am seeking an extra charging cable and the dealship said they don't carry them. I Google don't them to no avail. Is there specific words to get a result on Google? I'm sure someone wants to sell them.

Try your dealer Parts Department and others online for best price by searching on the part number. Shaggy314 posted a couple month's back in the Energi Forum that the "120-volt convenience charger" cable is Ford part# FM5Z10B689A and would run $492 plus tax from his Ford dealer. Others can probably recommend parts dealers that generally sell without the huge mark-ups.

Go to the Fusion Forum and check the parts thread with that part number and see what they sell it for and verify it is the correct part.

I knew I posted that somewhere... If I remember I'd also found a Ford dealer known for mail order parts that was down to $440ish. I then found out about the federal tax rebate of 30% and a city 50% on L2 chargers with instalation and gave up looking.

It wasn't easy to find that part number either, so PLEASE verify I had the right one. We might have to go to a CMax or Fusion Energi and get the part# off of one.

If you are looking for an extra 110 charging cable there are lot on there for sale. Just google it and you will find them. But be ready for sticker shock............ It is something you would not want to leave unprotected... All I found were $450 to $950

You can also buy the 120V cable from a Chevy Volt, Focus Electric, etc. Those may be found cheaper on eBay or Amazon. Why are you looking to buy an extra 120V cable? For just a little bit more you can buy a 240V EVSE unit which will charge your Energi much faster (and more efficiently) when you're at home and then you could take the standard 120V cable with you.

If it is the one stored in the trunk, here it is. fm5z-10b706-a. Thanks to Russell and Smith Ford for the info. 648.14 was their cost.

If it is the one stored in the trunk, here it is. fm5z-10b706-a. Thanks to Russell and Smith Ford for the info. 648.14 was their cost.

If a portable L1 charger is desired, Clipper Creek sells the PCS-15 for $495. it is 120V 12A with a 25' cord. We have a wall-mounted LCS-25 (was also $495) and it works great, so if one of my chargers for the trunk craps out I will order the Clipper Creek portable L1.