smr2112

2013 FFH Titanium Order Lead Time

Hi Folks, this is a general question. I am looking at a trade-in on my current

2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid for a new 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid.

Been a while since I checked this, but I assume still made in Hermosillo

and I am guessing lead time of 8 weeks to factory order.

My 2010 took exactly 8 ways from order to pickup. Maybe the demand

is higher now, but wanted some idea for I order next week.

Thanks!

My 2010 took exactly 8 ways from order to pickup.

I remember you from when we were both waiting on our 2010s, mine took 5½ weeks from placing order to delivery.... but that sure isn't likely this time!

My SE hybrid just took a few days less than 12 weeks, and if I had to wager 10 bucks on betting on a week with a give-or-take of one week, I would say that if you ordered tomorrow it would take 13 weeks from order to delivery, with the shipping seeming to be the biggest wildcard this time around. Hopefully it would be shorter than that, but I read too many posts from people who see their VIN built and then sit there before getting on transport -- so while 8 weeks should be reasonable, I would not bank on it and surely not if someone is time-constrained due to an expiring lease, etc.

Or worse, waiting and needing the current car while putting more miles on it further reducing its value. ugh what a PITA it is.

Oh goodie, then I better get my order in. Sort of knew this and totally believable.

I guess the early recalls on the 1.6L gas aren't a big deal IMHO, kind of normal,

seem to be worked out by now and not related to the hybrid directly.

One of the sales people at the local dealership told me the Hermosillo plant

is the most defect free car manufacturing facility in the world. He said unlike

in the US, the Mexican workers are paid and incentivized to identify defects

as soon as they are seen. In the US, the bonus structure is based on net

production and defects. Anybody else ever hear this?

If the 2010 Fusion is any indication, that is a very true statement. It has been one of the most trouble free cars I have owned.

I got my VOC yesterday, priority 19, yuck, the other one had a 10, but it was an EB.

I got a price workup from a dealer I visited last night. He did not have any Hybrids to drive.

So I just sat in a regular Titanium.

In his quote, he said the color "Ginger Ale" is "BALANCED OUT" - what does that

mean exactly?

I just picked a color, wasn't sure about that anyway, so probably doesn't matter to me.

But I found the car a bit more "claustrophobic" (ie, closed in because of slanting windshield) than

my 2010 FFH - is this something I'd just get used to?

But I found the car a bit more "claustrophobic" (ie, closed in because of slanting windshield) than my 2010 FFH - is this something I'd just get used to?

I guess you would get used to it, the difference to me was subtle enough that I didn't really notice it until you mentioned it above, then thought about it and yes I guess there's a slight difference in the angle but I don't think it's very much.

February 18. It has a build date of April 1 but they have no eta for delivery yet. I hope my car isn't one of the ones that sits on the lot for weeks after it was built.

I'm nervious about getting the car, it seems like it's a crap shoot whether or not you get a good one (that gets good mpg).

If I follow that logic, I should have mine built by May 1. My order was placed March 16. I can deal with that if it hold true.

When I first sat in the car I felt claustrophobic as well. I think it's the big pilars and what seems to be smaller windows for design purposes that makes it this way. I am guessing I'll get used to it over time. Definitely felt like there were a lot of blind spots, I guess it's a good thing I got BLIS and the Drivers Assistance Package.

The blind spots are negligible if you set the mirrors correctly. Touch your head to the window and set the drivers mirror so you can just see the rear of the car, then lean over a bit to the passenger side and do the same. This eliminates 90% of the blind spots, and head craning that goes with them. Coupled with the BLIS and you should have no issues with blind spots. I do find I can see a bit better over my right shoulder in the 13 than I can in the 10. There is one road by my house that joins another road with an S curve, so looking to the right on that road is a pain in the neck. I find it much easier to do this in the new one than the old one.

Edited by acdii