Nick P

Finally Got My FFH!

Good luck. I went through that 3 times with 3 daughters. Needless to say I'm mostly gray today. I'm up to 1600 on mine and I'm approaching a lifetime average of 45 MPG. If that doesn't make you smile I don't know what will. Made my first long trip yesterday which was almost all highway. It's a little tough to keep the mileage up on the highway. Plus we were late getting to our destination so I was going about 75 mph most of the way. I was overjoyed to see 43 MPG for that lag of the trip. Coming back (2 1/2 hours each way) I kept it to 62 mph and got 47 MPG. I have nothing but good things to say about this car.

I did start ot hear a rattle in the car on the outbound trip which had me concerned but it turned out to be my glasses in the overhead case rattling around. A quick reposition and it was quiet again.

Glad to hear someone got theirs. I have had one on order since 28 Nov 2012 and no joy yet.

Glad to hear someone got theirs. I have had one on order since 28 Nov 2012 and no joy yet.

Wow 28 Nov? and your just now starting to post here? It's not nearly as much fun to post about not getting your car yet when so many other people are actually getter theirs now. Was much more fun about two months ago, now that so many others have their car, it just makes me sad to lament about not having mine.

Wow 28 Nov? and your just now starting to post here? It's not nearly as much fun to post about not getting your car yet when so many other people are actually getter theirs now. Was much more fun about two months ago, now that so many others have their car, it just makes me sad to lament about not having mine.

Yeah, but just think, Yours will be a HyTi, while most everyone else will be an SE.

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I have Sync with MyFordTouch and when I receive a text message, everything works well until I try to reply. When I choose a canned response and tap send text, the send always fails. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? I'm pairing an iPhone 4S and everything else seems to work great. I can't find any detail in the owner's manual. I haven't looked on SyncMyRide yet so I'll probably go there next. But generally the folks here are smarter than the books and websites so I'd appreciate any ideas anyone may have.

From what I understand, Sync texting doesnt work with the iphones yet. Its hit or miss with them.

Really? That seems odd. You would think they'd make sure the most popular phone on the planet worked with the system. But then again, with Ford it seems to be really great advances or really dumb things missed. This must be one of the misses. Sigh!

Really? That seems odd. You would think they'd make sure the most popular phone on the planet worked with the system. But then again, with Ford it seems to be really great advances or really dumb things missed. This must be one of the misses. Sigh!

Acdii is right. The problem is with iOS, not SYNC. Apple's implementation on the MAP bluetooth profile is non-standard, making this a hit or miss. With my wife's iPhone 5 and Nexus 4, I can't even receive, so consider yourself lucky that you can at least receive them!

Wow. Thanks for all the info. I knew this was the right place to ask.

I do have some good news to share though. I achieved a milestone this morning on my way to work (don't tell anyone I'm reading this forum at work!). My lifetime fuel economy for the car (2620 miles) reached 47.0. So I've officially achieved the EPA rating for the car. Now, on to 50 MPG!

Sorry acdii, don't mean to rub it in. You should definitely get the Titanium when it comes in. But take it for about a 10 mile city test drive first. If the trip computer shows you did more than 50% in EV mode, then the car will be very far ahead of your last one. If it shows less than 50%, leave it at the dealer.

I realize it's a Microsoft product but the phone pairs fine and receives texts with no problems. It's just sending a text that it won't do. Odd, but oh well.....

Does anyone know if the paint colors other than Ruby Red and Platinum White have a Clearcoat coating on them?

They are all clear coat. The White and red are tri coats, thats why they are more expensive. There is a base coat, a pearl coat and the clear coat, all the rest are base coat clear coat.

Thanks acdii. Somehow I knew you'd have the answer.

I have another question I can't seem to find the answer to and I'm hoping you all can help. I downloaded SyncMyiTunes to my desktop and everytime I try to use it, it gets about 1/2 way through the music in my iTunes acct and stops. I get the message "iTunes is busy. Try your search again later." And it stops at the exact same point every time. I tries re-downloading the software but it didn't help. Anyone know what the problem is? Trying to find the answer on syncmyride.com is hopeless.

When I did sync my iTunes I remember having some trouble but I don't remember something like that. Maybe there is something in your library that it can't decode maybe you can find the folder where it stops and remove it temporarily.

Just an idea.

I have another question I can't seem to find the answer to and I'm hoping you all can help. I downloaded SyncMyiTunes to my desktop and everytime I try to use it, it gets about 1/2 way through the music in my iTunes acct and stops. I get the message "iTunes is busy. Try your search again later." And it stops at the exact same point every time. I tries re-downloading the software but it didn't help. Anyone know what the problem is? Trying to find the answer on syncmyride.com is hopeless.

YES, this also happened to me.... but it was back in 2009 when I first had Sync on my 2010 FFH.... crap, time to find the post I made on it so I can remember what the heck it was, think my post was on fordsyncforum.... the search begins.

Added: Found my past post, below is what I wrote 3 years ago:

"I have iTunes 11.0.1 running on Windows 7, kept getting just over halfway through 6,000 files and get the message "iTunes is busy, close sync my iTunes and try again later"... well try try again wasn't working, and thanks to one of the previous posts in this thread it now works.

From my iTunes menu I clicked 'Edit' then 'Preferences', then at the popup window went to the 'Store' tab and un-checked "show iTunes purchases in the Cloud purchases" then clicked 'OK' to close that popup window.

Then launched Sync My iTunes again and it went through all files without stopping and without error, thanks again to previous posters."

Edited by jeff_h

YES, this also happened to me.... but it was back in 2009 when I first had Sync on my 2010 FFH.... crap, time to find the post I made on it so I can remember what the heck it was, think my post was on fordsyncforum.... the search begins.

Added: Found my past post, below is what I wrote 3 years ago:

"I have iTunes 11.0.1 running on Windows 7, kept getting just over halfway through 6,000 files and get the message "iTunes is busy, close sync my iTunes and try again later"... well try try again wasn't working, and thanks to one of the previous posts in this thread it now works.

From my iTunes menu I clicked 'Edit' then 'Preferences', then at the popup window went to the 'Store' tab and un-checked "show iTunes purchases in the Cloud purchases" then clicked 'OK' to close that popup window.

Then launched Sync My iTunes again and it went through all files without stopping and without error, thanks again to previous posters."

Jeff, man, I owe you one. That worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help. I NEVER would have gotten there by trial and error. Now I have to see if it works when I get back in the car.. This is Microsoft after all, so you never know.

Jeff, man, I owe you one. That worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help. I NEVER would have gotten there by trial and error. Now I have to see if it works when I get back in the car.. This is Microsoft after all, so you never know.

Just passing on what I found in a different forum 3 years ago after suffering the same problem, glad it worked out!

Very quick update. Car just passed 9000 miles and lifetime mileage now ay 50.9 MPG. Also, just bought an iPad screen protector, cut it down to fit my touch screen and applied it. No more fingerprints! Those things were driving me crazy. And the screen looks much better with a shiny surface. I recommend it to everyone with a touch screen.