Johnboy

Sound System Static/Interference

That might be the active noise cancellation at low volume. I hear it in mine when the radio is muted.

I also have the static sound and took mine in this morning and one of the Sync experts also heard the sound (thank God) and wanted to schedule a time when they could have the car for a week!! He said there is a recent SYNC update that he thought would take care of the sound but that updates with the hybrids take longer for some reason.

He mentioned he had one lady's for 6 days to do the update b/c the computers have a 'hard time talking to each other' in the hybrids b/c of the additional hybrid monitering system that is built in.

I think I'll just live with the static sound.

Also thought it may be interference from the noise cancelling system. Is there a way to de-activate ANC?? Can we just pull a certain fuse or something to see if that's the culprit?

same problem with static noise have any of you tried this?...select AV input (do not play video or music) turn volume up then select settings+display-+screen off, all the static (cracking) noise is gone. Not suggesting it is a fix only a clue for those experts out there.

Edited by Xfusionx

...I've noticed irritating, high-pitched noise coming through the sound system when I play the radio (AM or FM) or music from USB flash drive (haven't tried a CD). It sounds like when a radio is poorly tuned and isn't receiving a strong signal.

I also have the static sound and took mine in this morning and one of the Sync experts also heard the sound (thank God) and wanted to schedule a time when they could have the car for a week!! He said there is a recent SYNC update that he thought would take care of the sound but that updates with the hybrids take longer for some reason.

same problem with static noise have any of you tried this?...select AV input (do not play video or music) turn volume up then select settings+display-+screen off, all the static (cracking) noise is gone. Not suggesting it is a fix only a clue for those experts out there.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to chime in just so you know I'm listening! :)

Are all of you already running V3.6.2 on your MyFord Touch systems? To verify, press the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION and the last 5 digits of the CCPU number should read: 13171. If it shows a different number, see if an update is available on your account at: www.Support.Ford.com for instant download.

If your software is already up-to-date, I think it's a good idea to bring this static issue to your dealership's attention.

Kim

In the past 2 days, I've been getting a ton of static through my front left speaker when the vehicle is cold.

It seems after I warm the car up a little bit, the static either goes away completely or at least gets quiet enough that it is drowned out by the music.

I am on the latest SYNC release.

At first I though maybe I had a critter in my garage gnawing on some cables, but since the static seemed to drop off with warmth, I'm wondering if it's something else.

In the past 2 days, I've been getting a ton of static through my front left speaker when the vehicle is cold.

It seems after I warm the car up a little bit, the static either goes away completely or at least gets quiet enough that it is drowned out by the music.

I am on the latest SYNC release. ...

Hi jsolan,

If you haven't already performed a master reset to the system, I'd give it a shot to see if it affects this static concern: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch If the issue persists, it most likely has something to do with the actual speaker. In that case, have your dealership take a look.

Kim