RedLdr1

Bought A Fusion SE Hybrid To Keep Our C-Max SEL Company....

Well actually we bought the Fusion because my wife really likes the car... :) And we both really like the gas mileage our C-Max is getting! Our new SE is White Platinum Metallic with a Dune Leather interior. It is a fairly well "loaded" one with the 505A Luxury Equipment Group, Drivers Assistance Package, Navigation, Hybrid Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Sunroof, and 18"Luxury Wheels. The SE has more high tech electronic "toys" than the Taurus SHO :peelout: it replaced...but just half the horsepower though...cry.gif Hmm, half the horsepower and twice the MPG...there just may be a correlation in there somewhere... :)

Our C-Max was one of the ones with the infamous 12V battery problem but that has been sucessfully repaired and we have had no other issues in the last 5,000 miles... :) I hope the SE works out as well as the C-Max has so far as it is a very nice car that we both enjoy driving....

Here is a photo of our SE sitting in the driveway letting the window tinting dry out. As you can see I have a nice steep driveway connecting to a steep downhill road... At least it gives me a good "roll out" in the mornings and I can usually EV back up it coming home...:D

8538451163_95ef331a77_c.jpg
2013 Fusion SE

These wheels look so much better than the ones that I was forced to get on my HyTi. Why Ford, whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Edited by Riggo

Except for the fact you have the DA options, our cars are twins. I still think the the Luxury Wheels and Dune interior give the SE the edge over the Titanium.

What was done to solve the 12v battery problem on your C-Max? The only issue I haven't taken care of yet is Battery Saver messages I constantly get.

Here is a photo of our SE sitting in the driveway letting the window tinting dry out.

Welcome aboard!

I have the same color/wheels but with the black interior and B25Nut and I were discussing tinting the windows.

After looking at yours, I think that tinting looks pretty good and believe you've changed my mind.

I just may get mine tinted too.

Edited by GrySql

I am also going to tint mine when it comes in. I am going to get the 35% all the way around. I don't feel like getting harassed. Hopefully it will be dark enough to help with UV but still have good visibility.

What was done to solve the 12v battery problem on your C-Max? The only issue I haven't taken care of yet is Battery Saver messages I constantly get.

I had a bad Instrument Panel that was causing the 12V battery to drain down when parked overnight That problem also killed the first 12V battery which was replaced as well.... You can read all the details on the C-Max forum Here.

I have the same color/wheels but with the black interior and B25Nut and I were discussing tinting the windows. After looking at yours, I think that tinting looks pretty good and believe you've changed my mind.I just may get mine tinted too.

I am also going to tint mine when it comes in. I am going to get the 35% all the way around. I don't feel like getting harassed. Hopefully it will be dark enough to help with UV but still have good visibility.

The tint on my FFH and C-Max is FormulaOne Pinnacle Series in 35%, I don't need the hassles of illegal tint either... ;) I use Pinnacle because it is a ceramic tint, not metallic, and will not interfere with any on board electronics like some metallic tints. It has a UV rejection factor of 99.5% plus it has a lifetime warranty... :)

Here are a couple pictures of my C-Max showing the same tint and the color matched bodyside molding that I have on order for the FFH....

8232186143_6ecfcae96c_c.jpg

8233248394_8d575fd199_c.jpg

I've asked this before but have had no answer. I want to tint my hyti when I get it as well but am worried about what damage it could cause in the future. If I have to retint the car or want to take the tinting off in the future, how much of a hassle is it? Specifically, will it tear off the rear defrost wires on the back window?

Riggo,

I managed to scratch the rear window tint on a pickup a few years ago and having it retinted did not damage the rear defroster wires. As for how much hassle removing all the tint is I have no idea as I've never had that done....

I just priced out a C-Max that has close to the same options as my FFH. The C-Max is about $1,300 less and comes with the Sony Audio. Since you have both the C-Max and the FFH, what do you feel are the advantages one has over the other? Personally, I think the FFH is well worth the extra money. I didn't even consider the C-Max due to its looks.

I feel the lower than EPA MPG issues will affect the sales of the C-Max far more than the FFH. Driving a great looking car can make other issues feel less significant.

Removing tint isnt very hard, it peels off, and you use an ammonia based window cleaner to remove the adhesive.

I just priced out a C-Max that has close to the same options as my FFH. The C-Max is about $1,300 less and comes with the Sony Audio. Since you have both the C-Max and the FFH, what do you feel are the advantages one has over the other? Personally, I think the FFH is well worth the extra money. I didn't even consider the C-Max due to its looks.

I feel the lower than EPA MPG issues will affect the sales of the C-Max far more than the FFH. Driving a great looking car can make other issues feel less significant.

I tried out both before buying, the Cmax has some advantages over the FFH in room, but disadvantages are the minivanish feeling, and some of the ergonomics just didnt feel right to me. It handles well, and drives about the same. If you dont mind driving something that feel like a minivan, they are good cars.

Well actually we bought the Fusion because my wife really likes the car... :) And we both really like the gas mileage our C-Max is getting! Our new SE is White Platinum Metallic with a Dune Leather interior. It is a fairly well "loaded" one with the 505A Luxury Equipment Group, Drivers Assistance Package, Navigation, Hybrid Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Sunroof, and 18"Luxury Wheels. The SE has more high tech electronic "toys" than the Taurus SHO :peelout: it replaced...but just half the horsepower though...cry.gif Hmm, half the horsepower and twice the MPG...there just may be a correlation in there somewhere... :)

Our C-Max was one of the ones with the infamous 12V battery problem but that has been sucessfully repaired and we have had no other issues in the last 5,000 miles... :) I hope the SE works out as well as the C-Max has so far as it is a very nice car that we both enjoy driving....

Here is a photo of our SE sitting in the driveway letting the window tinting dry out. As you can see I have a nice steep driveway connecting to a steep downhill road... At least it gives me a good "roll out" in the mornings and I can usually EV back up it coming home...:D

2013 Fusion SE

How would you compare the handling of the C-Max vs Fusion?

I wanted the improved access the C-Max offered me, but when I found that the ACC wasn't available, that tore the deal. I wanted all the toys in this car.

I test drove both and found that the C-Max didn't have as much space for the driver and front seat passenger. The seats were also not as comfortable to me being higher off the ground. I like the fact that in the Fusion I can stretch out my legs when cruising on the highway

To me the C-Max feels like it has more interior room for the driver and front passenger than the FFH. I think this is due to the C-Max seating which is more SUV like as you sit up rather than fall down in to the seats. While the FFH has more leg room on paper having your legs bent, like when sitting in a chair, is much more comfortable for me. And at 5"10" I don't drive the C-Max with the seat all the way back and I still have plenty of room to spare. The power trains are nearly identical so there is no edge for either vehicle in that area. And the C-Max handles north Georgia curvy roads just fine so there is no great difference there either...

Advantages of the C-Max:

You can't easily haul my five dogs :dogwalk: in the FFH and if you did do it somehow you would never get it clean again. I can carry more, and bulkier, cargo in the C-Max, with the rear seats down, than you can fit in a FFH. The "station wagon" design concept still works nicely and is very functional.

The seating of the C-Max allows for a better view of the road in traffic much like a SUV versus a car.

Advantages of the FFH:

Luxury...you can't even begin to equip a C-Max like our FFH. Our C-Max SEL has every option, the 303A Package and Panoramic Roof, and it looks like a "stripper" when compared to the FFH. As I posted above our FFH SE has 505A Luxury Equipment Group, Drivers Assistance Package, Navigation, Hybrid Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Sunroof, 18"Luxury Wheels and the fancy floor mats. The C-Max is a very distant second place...but in fairness the C-Max is also priced lower.

Styling: Looks are subjective... But on the C-Max forum a potato is often used when describing the C-Max's looks...and that what happy owners say! The FFH is a work of art...

Summary: If you need to haul a lot of "stuff" the C-Max is a better choice as we are really comparing a station wagon to a sedan.

Edited by RedLdr1

Thanks for the review. That's one thing that we decided against the C-Max and is also frustrating about Ford's trim levels. I wish we could have gotten on our Fusion SE the features listed below that the C-Max SEL has that the Fusion lacks.

Below are some notes we had made when comparing them:

FORD C-MAX HYBRID vs. FORD FUSION HYBRID

Why C-Max

• $2171 cheaper
  • Push button start
  • MFT
  • More cargo room
  • More storage space
  • More head room
  • Ambient lighting
  • Console mounted parking brake
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Speed sensitive volume

Why Fusion

• Sunroof
  • Looks/styling
  • More leg room
  • More comfortable
  • Power passenger seat
  • Passenger knee airbag
To me the C-Max feels like it has more interior room for the driver and front passenger than the FFH. I think this is due to the C-Max seating which is more SUV like as you sit up rather than fall down in to the seats. While the FFH has more leg room on paper having your legs bent, like when sitting in a chair, is much more comfortable for me. And at 5"10" I don't drive the C-Max with the seat all the way back and I still have plenty of room to spare. The power trains are nearly identical so there is no edge for either vehicle in that area. And the C-Max handles north Georgia curvy roads just fine so there is no great difference there either...

Advantages of the C-Max:

You can't easily haul my five dogs :dogwalk: in the FFH and if you did do it somehow you would never get it clean again. I can carry more, and bulkier, cargo in the C-Max, with the rear seats down, than you can fit in a FFH. The "station wagon" design concept still works nicely and is very functional.

The seating of the C-Max allows for a better view of the road in traffic much like a SUV versus a car.

Advantages of the FFH:

Luxury...you can't even begin to equip a C-Max like our FFH. Our C-Max SEL has every option, the 303A Package and Panoramic Roof, and it looks like a "stripper" when compared to the FFH. As I posted above our FFH SE has 505A Luxury Equipment Group, Drivers Assistance Package, Navigation, Hybrid Technology Package, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, Reverse Sensing System, Sunroof, 18"Luxury Wheels and the fancy floor mats. The C-Max is a very distant second place...but in fairness the C-Max is also priced lower.

Styling: Looks are subjective... But on the C-Max forum a potato is often used when describing the C-Max's looks...and that what happy owners say! The FFH is a work of art...

Summary: If you need to haul a lot of "stuff" the C-Max is a better choice as we are really comparing a station wagon to a sedan.

8538451163_95ef331a77_c.jpg

2013 Fusion SE

RedLdr1, did you touch the either of the front windows when it came to tinting or leave them at 70% factory? I saw you said the others were 35%? We have the exact same car in sterling grey and I am planning to tint in next week or so but just can't decide on the %'s and don't want to cause trouble with the law. We live in CA. Any suggestions after having yours done almost 2 months?

I had both cars tinted at 35% on all the windows except for the windshield. That 35% level of tint is the darkest legal tint for the front windows in Georgia. I don't care for the "limo" look with darker windows in the rear so I just stick with 35% tint all around. The passenger front door looks lighter in this photo due to the angle as the windshield is letting in more light.

As for suggestions If you are going to tint your windows use a good brand of tint and find a reputable shop. I have been using FormulaOne Pinnacle, or other F1 products prior to Pinnacle being introduced, for over fifteen years and never had any issues. And with their lifetime warranty I'm covered if I ever do have a problem. I keep my tint percentage "legal" as I don't need any issues and the darker tints don't provide much more UV or solar rejection protection anyway...

I did 5% on my Flex, but only the two back windows so that it makes it more difficult to see IN. When I have some of my RC gear back there, I dont want it to be seen. The rest I left at factory. I did have all the rear windows at 5%, and it looked COOL, but took it all off the passenger doors, dont need the hassle. It was either that, or throw it out since it got wrinkled from sitting around for years.

But back on Topic, Noticed your max and FFH are close to each other in MPG. Which one do you like better?

But back on Topic, Noticed your max and FFH are close to each other in MPG. Which one do you like better?

In some ways that is hard to answer as they are different vehicles for different uses in my case. But the FFH wins hands down since it is equipped much nicer than you can build a C-Max...

:) I figured as much, it was a toss up when we bought the Fusion as the Cmax was a good deal less expensive, but the Fusion was just so much nicer. Had I known though that it would be a nightmare, the Cmax would have been better in the long run. I learned, next time pay better attention to the MPG readout on the test drive! The Ruby Red Cmax we drove returned over 38, the Fusion 34 on the same drive, same day, driven the same way.