heloski

cracking noise

The Energi appears to need this repair. It makes the same popping noise that the black FFH did.

Hey hybridbear,

Have you had this repair taken care of? Let me know if you have any updates, and I'll see how I can best assist.

Meagan

What happened to Rachel?

Rachel's still around, but I've taken over her forums. :) I need to make an introduction post, and I promise I will soon. :D

I'll be okay, HB. I'll bet Meagan is nice too. ;)

Very nice! :D

chocolate_chip-cookies_1.jpg

Meagan

Very nice! :D

chocolate_chip-cookies_1.jpg

Meagan

Meagan is already my all time favorite Ford Service Rep. Look, HB, she provides us with chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry, Meagan, its probably just a little bit of separation anxiety.

Edited by Texasota

Meagan is already my all time favorite Ford Service Rep. Look, HB, she provides us with chocolate chip cookies. Don't worry, Meagan, its probably just a little bit of separation anxiety.

Way to make me blush! No worries, I completely understand. :D

Well, HB isn't the only one, I PM'ed her a couple days ago to find out what was happening.

As far as snacks go, bears may like CC cookies, squirrels sometimes feel like a nut.

How about some honey walnut, then?

DSC_6745.jpg

Meagan

Edited by FordService

The clicking/cracking noise has reappeared in the RF wheel, at 24,000 miles. Same noise, same conditions that was repaired in July, 2013, at 6,000 miles. I thought I heard something last week but wasn't sure. It's now repeatable every time I accelerate and brake. I'm taking the car in tomorrow for another issue and I'll mention this to the SA. All the SA's are new at my dealer, so I'll be armed with the TSB 13-5-24. I'm hoping Ford will honor multiple claims for the same condition. Has anyone else that had the TSB done, hearing the clicking noise again?

HI pkinla,

How did your appointment go? Please let me know, along with your updated mileage, and I can check out some options.

Meagan

The clicking/cracking noise has reappeared in the RF wheel, at 24,000 miles. Same noise, same conditions that was repaired in July, 2013, at 6,000 miles. I thought I heard something last week but wasn't sure. It's now repeatable every time I accelerate and brake. I'm taking the car in tomorrow for another issue and I'll mention this to the SA. All the SA's are new at my dealer, so I'll be armed with the TSB 13-5-24. I'm hoping Ford will honor multiple claims for the same condition. Has anyone else that had the TSB done, hearing the clicking noise again?

When I had that TSB done on my SE FFH, it was only audible on the left side, but the tech said he replaced them both since it looked like it would have developed on the right side in the future -- did they do both side when they did your TSB work?

The appointment went as expected. Luckily the new SA was a former tech and understood the problem immediately.

Both sides were done in July, 2013. Both sides were done again this morning. Driving home the clicking noise was gone. Hopefully this will be the last time this TSB is needed.

Glad to hear everything went swimmingly! :) I'll be around if you ever need me.

Meagan