Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Hybrid transmission (HF35) fluid level check?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gemdc

gemdc

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 74 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, Platinum White, Dune
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

The referenced photos are nice ones of the Aisin built 2010-12 hybrid.  Would really like something like this for the 2013-14 showing Ford's HF35 version.  It does appear that Aisin used beveled gears and I never heard any rattle in my 2010 FFH.  No, the noise I refer to is not a whine but a rattle by my definition.  Sure sounds like slack somewhere in the drive train and does come from the transmission housing.  No longer a bother since I have decided it is not a defect but a feature.  One that needs to go away in the future.

243968.png

(for comparison, my previous vehicle)

168733.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,776 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

I think the lay-out architecture is the same. I recall seeing a video of the Ford hybrid transmission ( and standard automatic ) assembly line and the transmission resembled the Aisin. The photos are really from the Gen 1 Mariner. Rattles aren't normal ! They should be very smooth and quiet. There were some clicking noises in early drive-shafts that were solved by washers or spacers, I believe. I really wouldn't give up trying to fix a rattle coming from the transmission.

Edited by lolder, 03 May 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:53 AM

Mine is noisy, I have 2 distinct sounds emanating from the front when decelerating. One I attribute to the tires, its a thump that I can hear all the time, but more noticeable while braking, the second is a ratcheting whirring noise. I hear that while braking too, but only as I just about come to a stop and can only be heard when the radio is off and it is very quiet in the car.  Pretty sure that sound is the motors.  

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#24 OFFLINE   Christopher B Trentadue

Christopher B Trentadue

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:10 PM

There's a 10mm plug underneath the plastic master cylinder reservoir that's on the Transmission, it's exactly the same size as the drain plug, I advise you use a Hex bit and Ratchet wrench when losening, it's a knuckle buster be careful not to brake the wire harness clipped right about on top of the plug, if you can remove the harness carefully and set it aside until your completely done, good luck! Thanks

#25 OFFLINE   Christopher B Trentadue

Christopher B Trentadue

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

There's a 10mm plug underneath the plastic master cylinder reservoir that's on the Transmission, it's exactly the same size as the drain plug, I advise you use a Hex bit and Ratchet wrench when losening, it's a knuckle buster be careful not to brake the wire harness clipped right about on top of the plug, if you can remove the harness carefully and set it aside until your completely done, good luck! Thanks

call or text me if you have questions 440-213-7589

#26 OFFLINE   jalal

jalal

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hello gemdc,

the HF35 Gearbox oil level check is the same as you do on a manual transmission. Se attached file.

If you need more information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a nice day.

Wolfgang

Hi 

could you please re-upload the pdf  file. 

Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·