steveo358

Spare Tire for fusion hybrid

Talking about the spare here, not the regular tire...

I assume the one being referred to here that fits and/or is the same as in the regular Fusion or Focus is a 16" spare?

The one recommended here for making a custom spare to match size as close as possible is

Continental T-135/90-16 CST17 fits just fine (it's tight, but it fits), so anything smaller to match

a regular Fusion or Focus will surely fit as well in the same tire well.

Have people seen pieces on the local news in the past few weeks about how many car owners found out

the hard way that their cars did not have spares? Not just the Ford Fusion.... With the terrible

winter and major potholes all over, lots of people found out this out the hard way.

And lots of stolen rims too to replace busted/dented ones to go with flat tires. Hence, wheel locks - that I thought were

a stupid/ugly idea, not a bad idea.

BTW, What are people inflating the standard "replacement" spare to in PSI?

It says 60PSI max on the tire and I checked mine this weekend and up'd it to this

number.

Any reason to be otherwise than 60 psi ? Hope I never need it, but it's comfortable

in my trunk!

Because the mobility kit is also an air compressor, and sometimes tires need air when they're not flat.

Not only that, but the mobility kit could come in handy under certain conditions. It could help you get off the expressway, where it may not be as safe to jack up and swap in a spare. Or maybe get you going more quickly or conveniently if you go flat on a dark, desolate road or in a downpour. I'd keep it, too.

Or, that rare occasion when you get two flats. It's happened to me... twice! Those were not happy days. Although, come to think of it, sealant would not have helped, since both occasions involved punctured sidewalls...