Osofast

Turn signals, wipers and steering wheel controls stopped working.

Sounds like the connection on the column is loose. I believe all those buttons and levers connect to one harness on top of the column.

I would be real interested to hear if anyone gets this problem fixed for good and can share the fix.

Well I don't know how to do a 'permanent' fix, but cycling the sensor will probably get it to behave again for undetermined amount of time (though mine has stayed that way once I cycled/recalibrated the sensor)...

1 - Roll window all the way down, continue to hold button down for 3 seconds

2 - Roll window all the way up, continue to hold button up for 3 seconds

3 - Roll window all the way down, continue to hold button down for 3 seconds

That is generally enough to do the trick, have you tried that?

Refering to the original post about steering wheel and column controls inoperative, this happened to me 3 days after I took delivery May 30. No turn signals was the the most bothersome. I drove to the dealer 40 minutes away, and luckily nothing still worked. The tech advisor tried all the switches and no steering column functions worked - until he tried the high beams , flash, low and high. Mysteriuosly, it all started working again. They scanned the car and verified a bunch of modules had reported an error, however, with no firm data in place as everything was now functioning, the work order is still open and I am driving the car for the last 2 weeks with no problems.

However, yesterday, I tried to reset the long term history for fuel use. When I bring it up on the left hand side display, there are no numbers - just labels. When I push OK for 2 seconds, I get the moving bar and "resetting" but still no numbers. The screen that appears for long term use after the trip data hasn't changed from about the same time I did the reset which was about the same time I had the controls problem. I think this is all connected.

I am visiting the dealer tomorrow as the original work order is still open.

I will report the out come.

Rob W

Turns out the lack of digits on the lifetime history is normal under "settings" menu. So, I guess I have a fully functioning automobile without any snags.

The videos that Ford have assembled at

https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerVideoPage&year=2013&make=Ford&model=Fusion%20Hybrid

are invaluable as they present visual information that is not always clear in the printed manual.

My turn signal (Left or Right) and lane change stopped working the first time after 11 months. The second time just happened (now 13 months old) and I got it to the Dealer as it was happening. Unfortunately, they did not get it to the mechanic, even though I told them he wanted to see it, until hours later. As you can guess, it did not fail.

Has anyone had this issue fixed?

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid: Same deal. Car is 9 months old. Windshield wipers, turn signals suddenly stopped working. I turned on/off the high beams and presto: everything started working again!

Welcome to the forum, James!

Glad to hear everything sorted itself out. Should these symptoms reappear, please let me know.

Meagan

I found this in my files. Basically it needs a new Steering Column Control Module or just reprogramming it.

Print this out and show it to your dealer.

Good luck and post the results.

45012 2013-2015 Fusion/MKZ, 2015 MKC, 2015 Mustang - Steering Column Controls Inoperative With Possible U0212 - Built On Or Before 3/20/2015
Some 2013-2015 Fusion/MKZs, 2015 MKCs, or 2015 Mustangs may exhibit the steering column controls such as turn signals, radio controls, and low speed wipers being intermittently inoperative with a possible U0212 in multiple modules. First, correct any HS2 CAN network issues that may be present if various other HS2 CAN U-codes are present. If no network issue is present and the vehicle is built on or before 3/20/2015, reprogram the SCCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 94.04 and higher. Remove and reinstall fuse F13 if the SCCM will not communicate in order to accept the calibration update. Replace the SCCM if communication with the module can't be restored. Use applicable 12651D labor ops and causal part 3F791 for reflash only.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 25-MARCH-2015