tombarker13ffh

New Jetta Hybrid

Anyone seen this new turbo Jetta hybrid with the 7-speed dual clutch? 40/48 epa i think. Sounds awesome. Obviously not as good looking as the FFH and i bet the interior is crap on the cheaper models, but i wonder how the powertrain will perform. Starting msrp $24995.

I never even considered a VW because their reputation for quality is so poor. But we all know that quality can change. Have they improved their products recently?

Slightly better, but I still wouldnt trust one. A coworker has a Jetta TDI, she likes it, but it is still fairly new. time will tell.

I never even considered a VW because their reputation for quality is so poor. But we all know that quality can change. Have they improved their products recently?

I think VW gets a bad wrap. I had an 08GTi for 3.5years until I traded it in for the FFH. Other than servicing and a recall never had an issue in the 40000 miles I drove it.

Ive always heard the diesels can go like 300,000 miles plus. Didnt think quality was an issue with VW. Ive never owned one though.

Ive always heard the diesels can go like 300,000 miles plus. Didnt think quality was an issue with VW. Ive never owned one though.

My brother has a '09 VW TDI wagon w/auto trans, it has been very reliable for 92k miles, service and wear parts only.

It rides nice, accelerates well, is basically smokeless and pretty quiet.

His mpg's are in the in the high 30's to low 40's but diesel fuel costs more than 87 octane gas.

Styling? Okay but generic I think.

I originally considered buying one (or the Audi) but after seeing the FFH, well.

He is quite dazzled by my FFH because the VW has very few cabin extras, he likes digital gizmos.

Ha! I traded in my 2009 VW TDI for this FFH. I bought my VW new and burned the first set of tires off at only 16K miles. I did like the car, but It's not nearly as nice as my FFH . My second set of tires lasted about 20K, still not good. I averaged 38.8 MPG lifetime with 60K miles. When my Cat filters and particulate filters clogged up at 55K I had them replaced under warranty (whew!). The cost would have been around $5000 if I was out of warranty. That's when I gave up and bought the FFH. I just wanted something else at that point, and I'm not sorry for my decision. I'm sure I would have clogged up again in another 55K.

Green Car Report drove the combined EPA 45 mpg Jetta for a week and only averaged 34.8 mpg.http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1082720_2013-volkswagen-jetta-hybrid-quick-gas-mileage-test

It so funny that the media seems to be really forgiving of German cars, touting the "driving experience" over any shortcomings in their reliability, sky-high maintenance costs, quirky interior and I have yet to see a single decent navigation system in any of the German cars.

I wanted to compare the Jetta Hybrid in our shopping too but VW didn't get it realeased in time. I still want to test drive one someday to check it out. One dealer near us has a few in stock, now it's just a matter of finding time to go do that. Once I drive it I'll let everyone know what it's like

I wanted to compare the Jetta Hybrid in our shopping too but VW didn't get it realeased in time. I still want to test drive one someday to check it out. One dealer near us has a few in stock, now it's just a matter of finding time to go do that. Once I drive it I'll let everyone know what it's like

I look forward to your review. Tell us how "Fahrvergnügen" feels like!

I drove a Jetta hybrid the same day I drove a ffh and although they were similar in mileage etc, the VW dealer had about $1000 worth of phony add-ons on the sticker price, and the salesman was high pressure. The ford salesman was nicer and there were no add-ons to jack up the price, even though I ordered my ffh I would have ordered the jetta the way I wanted it to save the $1,000. Wasn't concerned about the need for premium gas so much penciled out better than diesel (we also drove a tdi that day as well). That fancy transmission operates just like any other automatic it seemed to me. I previously owned several VW's including a diesel rabbit (got 60+mpg with it), but like the fusion better. Nicer car, seemed roomier, etc. hopefully when it finally shows up it will be worth the wait.

Seems smaller inside, (maybe smaller inside) seats (sporty) do not compare to the ones in the FFH lux package. Wife and friends hated it. Both couples bought fusions instead.

Yes - Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Hybrid | Passing Lane TV Commercial

Just imagine what the FFH would be like if they tie the E 2.0 EB with the Hybrid! Now that car I wouldnt mind getting 35 MPG in! LOL

The VW Hybrid has a smaller gas tank than the FFH and it also recommends Premium fuel... Doesn't sound like you will get much mileage per tank and the savings will be null with the cost of premium fuel... Doesn't sound like a good choice of Hybrid. I would think the diesel is the better choice of the two.

I may be wrong, but I ruled the Jetta hybrid out because it takes premium gas.

You are correct - I just watched a report on the Jetta Turbo/Hybrid, and it does require premium fuel. THey also said that they did not achieve the mpg of 45, more like 36 or 37.

Well you know, when you put Turbonium in the car, your self conscious gas saving desire goes awry, and that pesky thing called Giddy up takes over.

Just saw a VW commercial where a guy backs out of a driveway and gets slammed by another car. They were hyping its safety systems. Now if the car had Crosstraffic alert, the crash would have never happened. Plus 1 for Ford.