elle

Seeing other 2013 Fusions

I still don't see very many on the road. I did pass one today, a white one, on a country road down in wine country. I flashed my lights, he/she flashed back. That's the first one I've seen in a couple of weeks. That surprises me because I know they are selling well. I wonder how long it will be before they are everywhere?

Seeing a reasonable number here in the northern VA area, even saw one that had been repainted in school bus yellow and was being used as a taxi.

I'm starting to see more of them. Now it's just about 1 every time I'm on the road (except for early mornings).

Just read this post first thing this morning, then 30 minutes later was driving and saw a new white one with temp tags.... and there is a Bordeaux one in my neighborhood too.

I've still only seen a few and no hybrids. I don't know where all the 2013 Fusions my close by dealer is selling. They are getting new ones every week and the old ones are going somewhere.

Edited by hermans

They do seem to be getting more common around here. I see at least one on most days. In fact today, there was one going down my hill less than 1/2 mile from home as I was coming back, so he/she must leave nearby. Probably about 1/3 are hybrids, which I think are more popular here than in most places. Even Nissan Leafs are common sight, these days.

I noticed people are taking notice of mine now. Cool!

Saw one today, same color as I ordered. Tried to follow, but there was too much traffic and we were in different lanes..

I don't see many 2013 Fusion Hybrids where I live yet, but I have seen a number of Tesla Model S.

Edited by srogers

I was able to drive behind the twin to my FFH this morning for a few blocks in town, but it wasn't the hybrid. The windows were tinted so dark I couldn't see the driver. It's only the second White Platinum Fusion I've seen on the road. Damn they look good. In four months, I've only seen four other Fusions in my area.

I was able to drive behind the twin to my FFH this morning for a few blocks in town, but it wasn't the hybrid. The windows were tinted so dark I couldn't see the driver. It's only the second White Platinum Fusion I've seen on the road. Damn they look good. In four months, I've only seen four other Fusions in my area.

I was thinking of getting my windows tinted (not super dark) when I get my white platinum,the law here only allows a very light tinting. I always wondered about what happens to the back window when you tint a car, specifically the rear defrost wires. If you need to take the tinting off does do rear defrost wires peel off as well, ruining the defrost?

I see a black one occasionally, must be the same driver. I will need to remember the plate to find out for sure. It was a Ti.

Cant wait to get mine tinted. it will look sharp with dark winderz

I see a black one occasionally, must be the same driver. I will need to remember the plate to find out for sure. It was a Ti.

That reminds me, I was spotted in person by another member here who lives about 10 miles from me (so I am reporting myself)... we had been going back and forth on email about local dealers and such, and he wrote back and asked about my license plate and he was correct... we were stuck in the typical I-95 Friday afternoon love-fest about 2-3 weeks ago and there went a Ruby Red FFH (me).

I've seen a new Fusion in my area that has been turned into a red and black cab. Something just doesn't sit well with me each time I see it. I don't like to think of my future car transformed into a cab.

Saw one today, same color as I ordered. Tried to follow, but there was too much traffic and we were in different lanes..

Well today I saw one in my parking garage, an SE. It's probably to same on I saw above. So I guess I won't be the first.

During a 10 mile commute yesterday, I saw 7 (SEVEN !!!). They're everywhere now :( I think they were all gas models, but couldn't tell on most of them.

Wow. That's a lot of Fusions!

I parked across the street from one today when I went out for lunch. It was a silver hybrid. Whoever owned it had pasted Aston Martin wings over the Ford badge in the front and was sporting a not-so-legal Aston Martin tag on the front where the front license plate is supposed to be! The back had CA tags so I know it wasn't an out of state person.

Edited by elle

I don't see many 2013 Fusion Hybrids where I live yet, but I have seen a number of Tesla Model S.

Same here. Have seen more Teslas than FFHs so far, including one Sunday in the church parking lot. Maybe they're waiting for the pricier Hytaniums and NRGs to arrive.

Seeing a reasonable number here in the northern VA area, even saw one that had been repainted in school bus yellow and was being used as a taxi.

That would be odd to see it turned into a taxi!!

Wow. That's a lot of Fusions!

I parked across the street from one today when I went out for lunch. It was a silver hybrid. Whoever owned it had pasted Aston Martin wings over the Ford badge in the front and was sporting a not-so-legal Aston Martin tag on the front where the front license plate is supposed to be! The back had CA tags so I know it wasn't an out of state person.

That's pretty hilarious.

There's a black SE Ecoboost we see fairly regularly in our neighborhood, so I think it lives nearby. An older couple drives it, they passed me yesterday while I was walking home from work. There's a Ginger Ale one that works at the office tower where one of our subsidiaries is located, I've seen it in the parking ramp when I've been over there for meetings. And there's a blue one in the neighboring office building to where I work. Those are all gas models though. According to the hybridcars.com February Dashboard 15% of all Fusions solds are hybrids, so we should start seeing more of them. Whenever I see another Fusion I look first at the rims, as the hybrid-specific rims are one of the easiest ways to identify the hybrid quickly (however, that doesn't work if someone upgraded to the 18-inch rims...)

It's fun to see other Fusions out there on the road. Since buying the 2013 I've also started noticing the older Fusions a lot more than I used to...

Saw a gray one today, not as sharp looking as the other colors, but still stands out to know its a Fusion.

I almost collided with a gray one that jumped out in front of me while I was on my way home from work yesterday (that was after I had posted about the silver one). So, yes, they are starting to show up more and more.

Okay now I am seeing more Fusions. I saw 3 yesterday on my way to work. 1 of them was a white Hybrid.

I saw one in Ginger Ale color too. Definitely not fond of that color...

This is weird but it seems to as if Silver and the Grey color seem a little understated in the Fusions. Whites, black, reds and blues seem to make the car stand out more. At least in my eyes.

Not to say that silver and gray are bad colors at all. But they seem to make the car blend in more with the rest of surrounding traffic.

Edited by HenryVIII