GrayStrider

Climate Issues, 2013 FFH

I think the system may (I am guessing) default to auto when being turned on? It does the same on my car, and I hate using auto as I want to control the airflow rather than sit there in a windstorm, sounds like your husband feels the same way!

Same here. That is how the system works in any car. Max blower to warm up to temp then switches to low speed to maintain the temp. What happens is if you turn it off, then turn it back on, even if you have it set to low speed floor, it will come back on, while still on floor, but at high speed. Thats the default fan setting. It remembers which vent settings, but defaults to high speed blower.

yes it does, but some service guys dont know that there is a filter there. I was told my 2010 doesnt have one, so I looked, it has one. The problem with these filters are in finding one to replace it. There is one filter company that makes filters with Fabreeze in them, but only for a few cars.

Were is the air filer on the 13 Fusion? I know some cars have them located below the glove box and some others you gain access to it from under the hood. Any idea where it is in this car?

As far as I know, it's behind the glove box as the 2010 was... in the 2010 you'd have to remove the retention string for the glove box door and then take the door way down and then there was the access door... I think the 2013 is similar.

Yep - see below from page 129 of owner's manual -

CABIN AIR FILTER

Your vehicle is equipped with a cabin air filter. It is located behind the glove box. The particulate filtration system is designed to reduce the concentration of airborne particles such as dust, spores and pollen in the air being supplied to the interior of your vehicle. Note: A cabin air filter must be installed at all times to prevent foreign objects from entering the system. Running the system without a filter in place could result in degradation or damage to the system.

Cabin air filter Part # on the box I have:

DG9Z-9601-A

FA-1911

It's a big, quality looking pleated filter too.

I'm going to dig around in there today and see just exactly how this thing gets installed.

photo_zps366c6e6b.jpg

If its like the 10, behind the glove box is a cover with either clips or bolts/screws, cant remember which. Once you get the cover off, the filter just slides out. The cover is the height and width of the long side of the filter on the 10.

Thanks for the info guys. My wife has pretty bad allergies and I was curious about the quality of the filters (if they were HEPA quality or not). If not, I wonder if I could find a HEPA filter for these cars?

I don't know about that, but if you can't find one and have to use the FA-1911 filter, probably want to go to rockauto.com and stock up, they tend to get gunked up easily and if she has allergies you will get pretty accustomed to changing them out. I hope it's easier than on the 2010, it was always a pain to get the filter door off of there... until I broke off the plastic tip on one side and then it became easier, but I don't recommend that....

All stop...

That was my mistake, the FA-1911 was the ICE air filter.

The cabin filter is the FP-71, see new picture in post 12.

I did the same as you, got them from Rock Auto.

Whoops! I didn't pay close attention to the number, already got a couple spares of each (and 8 oil filters) about a month before even getting the car, gotta consolidate to not get soaked on shipping. So I'm good for about 8 months I guess.