acdii

2 little leds on in tail lights

I just noticed on mine as its parked in the garage, there are two tiny LED red lights on in the tail lights on the sides. Anyone else notice this? They are not very bright and at first thought it was a reflection of the garage door open button light. I looked at the drivers side and saw them on there too.

I noticed those two little lights on too, acdii, intermittently. The first time was when I entered my dark garage at 5 a.m.; they immediately caught my eye and they were definitely glowing dimly. That was only about a week ago and I keep looking but haven't see them on by themselves since. I also noticed that when I swipe my fingers on the Keyless Entry Keypad (the keypad will turn off after about 10 seconds if you don't touch anything), those marker lights will begin to glow (both sides) and stay on for maybe 30 or 40 seconds. I'm not worried about them burning out or using wattage or anything, I just wonder if this is some sort of an electrical glitch on my car. If those lights are getting stray power, what else is? And is this something that a Ford software brianiac is going to try to fix in a future update? Rhetorical questions maybe ... but I wonder how unique this is. And mrobinso8, you may be right about reflections ... or yours just happen to go out while you were checking them out. But mine were definitely on.

Edited by dtw-dave

Will do. My wife drives the car so I'll try to post something by tomorrow. I have 2013 SE BTW, so not sure if this would be true on the '14s.

Edited by dtw-dave

I did have pics up, but delete them from my account which of course deletes them here. OOPS. I have not seen the same thing on my HyTi though, so must be an SE thing.

Yes, but not when the car is shut off. I noticed them on the SE that was sitting unused for a few days. There was no reason for them to be on.

P1010127_zpsa131411b.jpg

Our FFH SE does this exact same thing. I never noticed them before since, well, I don't drive the FFH and never see it at night. :)

Looks like the SE does this then, the HyTi doesnt. I had forgotten about this thread since I never had this with MyGirl.

Looks like the SE does this then, the HyTi doesnt. I had forgotten about this thread since I never had this with MyGirl.

O M G !! I had not noticed you originally started this thread in March 2013 ! Looks like dtw-dave dug up another dead thread. :zombi:

Edited by SteveB_TX

Sorry for the delay but here's my pic. Looks like this is not a unique issue, at least not with SEs. I'm not too worried about it, it was just wierd to see them on at 5 a.m. after the car was off for at least 10 hours. Thanks all ... not sure we solved anything but at least I know I'm not alone!

Not to get too far off topic... But in my MKZh, the rear passenger "touch sensitive" LED reading lamps in the headliner remain on at a low level after entering or exiting the vehicle. I am not sure how long they "glow", but it looks strange to see the back seat illuminated slightly when the garage is completely dark. :kookie:

I agree GrySql that it would take quite the savvy engineer to crack this one. It doesn't bother me in an OCD kind of way, I'm just curious way. Anyway, here's my pic ... a little late. Thanks all for the enthusiastic responses.

IMG 20140327 062551 705

I agree GrySql that it would take quite the savvy engineer to crack this one. It doesn't bother me in an OCD kind of way, I'm just curious why. Anyway, here's my pic ... a little late. Thanks all for the enthusiastic responses.

IMG 20140327 062551 705

Aw c'mon guys. Face it they are just there for the wow factor, or maybe cute, depending on your views. :)

Something to tease us put there by some demented engineer who snuck them in? ;)