JSKershaw

Ginger Ale paint Discontinued

It may have been discontinued do to lack of orders. If only 2 out of every 500 cars is this color, it isn't worth their time to prep the booth for just 2 cars.

I wonder how the Fusion would look in Gotta Have it Green. Or that new dark green that I saw on an Exploder.

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at the dark green on the exploders. Its mesmerizing. It's a deep rich green that sparkles like a flawless emerald.

Not that great a color, saw one on an Escape, did not like.

does anybody know WHY ford discontinued this color? my order for the FFH in ginger ale color is on pause b/c of the discontinuation and I'm trying to figure out why they cancelled the color... is it b/c of low demand, issues with the color, etc..?

No released reason that I have seen, my guess is low demand as from looking at hundreds of Fusions in the online inventory across many dealers, I can only recall seeing 1 or 2 of them. So if between dealer stock and retail orders a given color doesn't make up X% of the overall then maybe it's not cost-effective to support it, I don't know....

That color was banned by the Mexican Federalis! They want to replace it with Tecali Tequila.

I was semi-thinking about that color for the Fusion and when I saw in the setting sunlight, it actually

looked as if it had a "greenish" tint to it. Very strange.

It is green, a snot green. Not the prettiest of colors.

I ordered the 2013 FFH on 27 Nov 2012 with Ginger Ale Metallic, specifically because it's different. How many blacks, whites, grays and now blues do you see on the road? During February, my 'build' on ford.com started presenting an error, indicating the configuration was no longer available, but didn't specify what was wrong with my build. My dealer said nothing about it. During March, they told me my car would be built that month and arrive on 1 Apr 2013. As of this writing, they've yet to contact me (~6 mos after ordering). I looked up their inventory last night and see it's been sitting on their lot since April, sure enough, and instead of Ginger Ale, it's black. I know this because the window sticker indicates "Special Order" and the order # matches mine. It was built and/or shipped from Hermosillo on "03 25 13" and the code on the top line of the sticker indicates "4 - REBILL" whereas other stickers state "9 - Normal". I can't believe they switched the color w/out consulting me, and have yet to contact me. I see that Bordeaux is also not available anymore or in 2014.