Fastronaut

Ford C-Max & Fusion Hybrid Gas Mileage Lawsuits Combined

And owners legit issues get screwed either way. After my not so pleasant conversation with Ford, who basically told me to screw off, I filed today for IL owners. I have been asked by that lawfirm if I wished to be a part of it, as long as I keep the car, and since I had a case pending, I wanted to see where it would go with Ford. Well got my answer this morning, we wasted enough time looking at your car, you were shown it can get 40 MPG, if you dont want to drive it that way, well then dont, have a nice day, we dont care that you can get EPA in all the other Hybrids, or can get 40 in the Cmax or another fusion without the extreme techniques. Now go away and leave us alone.

Really nice way to treat a customer who has been buying their cars for the past 30 years. This is my last Ford.

Try this on for size. Fueleconomy.gov. Out of 45 vehicles posted, the overall average is 39 MPG. 8 below EPA. 2012 Camry LE Hybrid, out of 13 cars, overall average is 40.4 rated 41. 2011 Fusion Hybrid, 11 car sample, 38 overall, rated 39.

If so many people are happy, why are there 45 vehicles listed for the 13 Fusion, but so few for the other ones I listed? Could it be because the other ones are doing exactly as claimed? You guys can defend Ford all you want, Ford gamed the test so they can market the car, and so far the majority of owners listed are 43 and under, Only 3 are hitting near EPA, 8 are above, and they are mostly city drivers in warmer climes. that is not a very good percentage. 27 out of 45 owners are below 40 MPG. That is well over 50%.

There are two types of owners who really use this site, those who brag, and those who are not getting what they think they should be getting. Out of those who are not, at least half have a legit beef.

Lets go one step further, Cmax, 74 vehicles listed, 38.5 MPG average, Prius V 19 vehicles listed, 42.5 average, EPA 42. Ford will have a tough time defending this, the YMMV can only go so far, and I do believe Ford screwed themselves when they asked the EPA to revise their testing, which tells me Ford Gamed the system on this.

I posted a video, I have 2 more I haven't posted yet, but it shows how you have to drive MY car in order to get 40. I will make a video to show how to get 40 in my 2010, and you will see that no extreme techniques are needed to do so.

Obviously you cant drive with one hand then hold a video camera in the other and its clear that your not willing to help the people who "dont know how to drive this car" and are totally BSing about your numbers.

Why not? I did. Not hard at all. Just rest my elbow on my coffee mug, point the camera at the dash and drive. Dont need to be looking at the camera while doing it. Only one time did I need to look and that was to pan to the rear view mirror to record the Semi riding my ass.

Then again, if I have to drive it like "one of those" Prius drivers and give the Fusion a bad rap, so be it, its how Ford told me I have to drive to get anywhere near what I expect out of it.