Fastronaut

Ford C-Max & Fusion Hybrid Gas Mileage Lawsuits Combined

Valid argument. One thing to note which makes me feel the EPA ratings on these are bogus, both the Cmax and Fusion have 47 across the board, yet the Coefficient of drag is higher on the Cmax than the Fusion. It is also higher than the Prius V, weighs more, and has more HP, so how can it get 5 MPG more than the Prius V? Is it because with a fully charged battery, and since the test is short, is it gamed to use the battery during the test to tweak the numbers? I really do believe Ford took advantage of the EPA testing and built the car around the test to get maximum MPG out of the test, but not in RW! If the car really could get 47 MPG, there would be many more people reporting numbers above and beyond the sticker. Great example would be the Prius V, its sticker is 42, and the real world so far is 42.5,

I believe in the EPA tests the dyno is supposedly setup to factor in the effects of air resistance in those cylces as speed increases & decreases

That is true, but its not a very long test. Wonder how they would do if the test ran several hundred miles.

Once you calibrate the computer readings over several tankfuls, you can reliably apply that correction. My 2010 calculates mileage that's 4 % high but the odometer is 2 % low so the net is 2 % high or about 1 mpg. It hasn't changed. All the calculations come from the same data so they should all agree within about 1 mpg. The trip summary for shorter trips will vary a lot because of varying SOC, wind, temperature, etc. I can look at my speed, temperature, estimated headwinds and traffic and predict my instantaneous mpg within 2 mpg.

Im part of it for one reason only, to be heard! As many here already know, something is not right with the one I have, and Ford denies there is. When I can easily get high EPA in my 10, but cant even hit what my 10 gets? So for this one reason, I joined the CAL. When the other one is finally built and delivered, hoping that it works correctly like all you guys are seeing, I will be one happy puppy, but still PO about taking the loss on this current one.

If the outcome of this helps to get the EPA to have more realistic highway ratings, then it is a win for all.

It was also a heck of a PCM update to adjust the manual calculation on the pump when I filled up, dang they are sneaky

Fuelly tells me that I'm getting about 2 MPG less than the car calculation.

Yep, me too... just like the 2010 FFH did, and the 2005 Prius before that.

The 2010 FFH odometers read 2.5% low so the net overstatement of mpg is 1 mog.

????? Wonder why the feds make us use it?????

Iowa corn farmers. They have a very powerful influence on congress.