Fastronaut

Ford C-Max & Fusion Hybrid Gas Mileage Lawsuits Combined

even at 45mph my car won't get 47mpg 39mpg is the best I could ever get. the ford rep's told me I have to put 6000 miles on the car and the computer will change and let me get the EPA's fule mileage it claims I'm up to 4300 mile as of today.

Whereabouts in VA and what dealer? The term "the computer will change and let me get the EPA's numbers" sound pretty odd, sounds more like the dealer is just saying anything to get you off the phone or back out the door.

"I do believe Ford went backwards with this new Hybrid though."

Acdii, how many 2010-12 FFH owners got better mileage than Hermans, DC, Jeff and many others without hypermiling? There is no doubt that the 2013 is a step forward. It's not perfect yet, and I'm sure we'll see further improvement in the coming years in the hybrid system. Ford has built a car that has Toyota worried, and I'm sure that the Fusion is a major reason that Toyota is accelerating improvements in their product line.

@70 MPH, bet the 2010-12 will get better MPG than the 13 will! Once the 13 is out of EV range, the MPG tanks. The 2.5L in the older models does pretty durn good on the highway.

In CR's testing, they got better mileage with the FFH than they did any other mid-size sedan, including the TCH.

If you look at the percentage of what the cars got vs what the EPA rating is, the Fusion did worse than the Camry, even though it got better MPG. This is the point I have been trying to make all along, percentage wise, the Fusion is doing very badly compared to all other Hybrids.

Anyway, lets see how they do when the warm weather gets around, it could be these cars just dont work well at all below 60*. From my observation this morning on how much ICE energy is spent recharging the pack at highway speeds, it could very well be that some Lion packs are just very poor performers when cold, whiles others are doing just fine. When the pack was 75% or greater, the ICE was in the upper 30's mid 40's going 60-65. When it dropped below the halfway mark, ICE dropped down to the low 20's. A nearly 20 MPG difference on 1/4 charge. My car does better running 100% ice with a full pack than it does P&G, problem is I have to be doing over 63 to do that, and the roads are posted 55. A few more test trips and I will know for sure.

Agreed. Heck the 2010 does better on the highway than the 13! The 13 at 55 will do about 44 when held steady and no EV. Right about the same as the 2010, which doesnt use any EV above 45 except for the rare assist.