elle

MPG Happy Talk

I've had my FFH for about 3 weeks now. On the way in this morning I hit my "high score" of over 60mpg using just .37 gallons for a 24 mile trip. That was with climate control off and windows about 1/2 down. Drive is a mix of up and down hills.

Over the past few weeks I have been able to drive in the morning with no climate control and then will turn on the A/C in the afternoon drive. For an approximate 50-mile round trip I have consistently been using less than 1 gallon of gas. Love this car!

PHX weather takes care of heating your seats.... ;)

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I lived in the Phoenix area for 15 years. There were always periods of frost in the winter and one one occasion when I was sitting on a surveillance it was snowing. I sure could have used heated seats then. It wasn't long after that I moved to the San Diego area.

I've had my FFH for about 3 weeks now. On the way in this morning I hit my "high score" of over 60mpg using just .37 gallons for a 24 mile trip. That was with climate control off and windows about 1/2 down. Drive is a mix of up and down hills.

Over the past few weeks I have been able to drive in the morning with no climate control and then will turn on the A/C in the afternoon drive. For an approximate 50-mile round trip I have consistently been using less than 1 gallon of gas. Love this car!

Yes, that is awesome! Enjoy the extra $$ in your pocket! :)

Congrats to a late victory :)

That's almost hard to believe but you definitely have a higher avg. MPH about 42 for this tank.

I just filled up this morning and my avg. MPH was 36 that alone makes quite the difference for a 47.1 MPG tank.

Congrats to a late victory :)

That's almost hard to believe but you definitely have a higher avg. MPH about 42 for this tank.

I just filled up this morning and my avg. MPH was 36 that alone makes quite the difference for a 47.1 MPG tank.

Your comments about MPH had me confused for a few moments... What? Where's he seeing that data? Then I realized you were doing MATH! LOL! :)

I'll have to check my MPH, since I've been recording the run time for my last several fillups. Probably pretty slow!

Edited by md13ffhguy

Your comments about MPH had me confused for a few moments... What? Where's he seeing that data? Then I realized you were doing MATH! LOL! :)

Funny, when I read CC's post I just automatically spell corrected in my mind and assumed he meant MPG instead of MPH. But he really did mean MPH!

Yep. Last 3 fillups came out to ~32, 32, and 35. Another secret to my success. ;)

Your speed is high! We do so much city driving that our average MPH is usually around 17-19.

We had reached 60 MPGe Lifetime & about 50% EV miles in the 15,000 miles in the Energi, then we took a road trip to visit friends up north last weekend and lowered it drastically... Oh well...

Edited by hybridbear

Just this past December I made a round trip from Central Kentucky to Hazlet, NJ using these interstates

I64 East, i77N, I79 North, I68 east, I81North, I78 East, I287 and then NJ440.Those of you who traveled these Interstates know the conditions of the roads and leaving on December 11th the weather was warm and therefore the temperature in the car was low (65), but on the other hand coming back via the same routes in reverse the temperature was cold therefore the temp in the car was warmer (72deg)

These two show the results of that one way and Round Trip

BTW the speed was between 65 and 75. Average 70 and yes there were some construction zones 40, 55 but mainly interstate speed.

post-11741-0-76777800-1450375319_thumb.jpg

post-11741-0-91904900-1450375323_thumb.jpg

Edited by IraF

I purchased my 2016 Fusion Hybrid S Nov 12, 2015 and was told not to expect 44 mpg until about 2000 miles. I've been pleased to get consistently 42-43 MPG since the purchase. The last tankful (about 1,500 miles) I reset the trip settings and got 43.8 on that tankful.

I filled the tank at 1,999 miles and was surprised at the immediate mileage increase of about 4%. Don't get me wrong, I love the increase. I just wondered if there's a break-in algorithm embedded in the control unit which defaults to normal at mile 2,000 generating improvements the salesman spoke of and I'm experiencing???? I probably would not have noticed the interesting change had I not run the tank nearly empty to coincide with the 2,000 mile benchmark.

Just wondering...but enjoying it. Much better on fuel costs than the 2001 Pontiac TA WS6 I sold which required premium fuel. ;) I'm enjoying this Fusion so far.

I think it is pure coincidence. On my 2015 FFH S I was able to achieve some very high MPG results on the first few tanks. There are numerous variables that affect MPG (e.g. driving route, temperature, wind, your driving style and many others). Chances are also good that you are becoming more skilled driving your FFH and that may be the biggest variable of all.

Edited by Texasota

My 2013 Titanium, which has always been driven as a normal car, mostly in city driving, has a lifetime average of 39.9. I am very happy with that. It is not unusual, for short local trips, to achieve in the high 50s, as it happened yesterday when I saw 59mpg for a trip of about 3 miles. I am nothing but satisfied, and the car as been absolutely rock solid vis a vis mileage. There was no break in period that I could discern.

The warm spring days are back in full force in Arizona, and so are my MPGs. :dance: During the winter here, when the temps ranged from 35° lows to 65° highs, my MPGs dropped down to around 52-55 MPG, even though I didn't really need to use the climate control much except to clear the fog off of the windows sometimes when the temps were lower than 45°. I almost thought there was something wrong with my engine causing the lower MPGs, and then realized it was probably just the colder temps were increasing the friction in the engine and transmission due to thicker fluids, and maybe due to lower battery performance in colder temps also.

The temps here are currently ranging from 55° lows to 85° highs, and as you can see below my MPGs have increased dramatically back to where they were before due to the higher temps now, about 20° higher than the deep winter temps here.

post-12539-0-40912800-1458084345_thumb.jpg

For the past two months my 2013 FFH has been averaging 44.1 mpg. That's without any long trips and speeds of 70-75 mph on the highways. A trip to San Francisco this week should boost that figure. Very happy!

So, with my normal city driving habits, and with no intentional effort, I got just over 51 MPG for the most recent tank. 630 miles logged and only filled 12.3 gallons. Biggest factors - finally a period with only a little rain, and no extreme temps ( 80s/60s every day).

After 3 1/2 years, I still love this car. :)

Was over 100 degrees for the past few days, lost a couple tenths mpg. nothing too serious..

About two months ago I traded my 2013 FFH (Job 1) for a 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. Just thought I would share my FFH mileage experience.

When I traded the FFH it had 63,000 miles with a cumulative lifetime mileage of 45.7 MPG (actual MPG, not car's computer mileage which was a little over 2 MPG better.). The best tank MPG was 57.4 and the lowest was 36.1. The majority of my miles were 18 mile one way commutes 5-6 times per week, mostly local 2 lane highways and city streets. Most of the time I used ACC and let the cars computer decide the most efficient way to go. Just enjoyed the ride and did not get caught up in hyper-miling for a few more MPG's. Overall I was very pleased with the FFH and the mileage I achieved. Although it was a job 1 car, it was trouble free for me.

Like the new MKZ so far with my mileage at 42.3 MPG after about 4700 miles which included one 1200 mile highway trip with speeds at 70-75 MPH. Best tank so far has been 46.6 MPG and the lowest 36.2MPG.

Your 1200 mile highway trip is skewing your MPG lower and the weather is getting cooler.

Your 1200 mile highway trip is skewing your MPG lower and the weather is getting cooler.

Agree. That is where the 36.2 number came from. Saw the same skew with the Fusion. High speeds put a good dent in the mileage.

As far as the weather comment, it should be getting cooler but here today it was in the low 80's! It has been a warm prolonged fall here.