Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

MPG Happy Talk

• Please log in to reply
1874 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

How about a little love,  and a place to post some good mileage reports?  

Granted, this is a short trip, but it's a trip I take almost every day on my morning break.  This is the return leg, the trip out was not nearly so good.  

Conditions today were about 45 degrees F, rainy and overcast.  Headlights on, heat cranked to about 74degrees.  I promise you, this is NOT photoshopped.  

*eta* Sorry about the head tilt.  It posted correctly to Facebook! 

Attached Files

Edited by elle, 19 February 2013 - 02:09 PM.

• jeff_h, hybridbear, GrySql and 2 others like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Code_Warrior

Code_Warrior

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I know MPG will go to pot when the hot weather gets here but for now, I am enjoying it.
We traded in a Mustang for this FFH and the fuel savings will be huge.
Not to mention the improvements in comfort and convenience.
  • hybridbear likes this
183087.png

#3 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,814 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

I know MPG will go to pot when the hot weather gets here but for now, I am enjoying it.
We traded in a Mustang for this FFH and the fuel savings will be huge.
Not to mention the improvements in comfort and convenience.

The mpg will improve with increasing temperature up to about 95º F. Avoid running the AC with a heat soaked car. Park in the shade, open the windows for the first few minutes.

• hybridbear likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Code_Warrior

Code_Warrior

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 30 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I took a very short 'trip' today of about 1/4 mile. My MPG was 999.9.
WooHoo
  • elle, majorleeslow and Erik Strait like this
183087.png

#5 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Great topic elle! I was getting depressed with all the unhappy people who are angry about not getting the MPG I their FFH out there. I guess I am one of the fortunate ones that get close to the advertised MPG. However, the way I drive my FFH, I could probably get 47MPG out of V8 Mustang! For a car of this size to get anything over 40MPG is just amazing, not to mention all the other features that are including in a very well-designed and well-built package that really doesn't have any competition in the $30,000 price range. I absolutely love this car"
  • hybridbear and gadgetguy like this

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver Metallic

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#6 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm looking forward to posting good news in this thread this spring after my HyTi arrives :)

• elle and gadgetguy like this

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#7 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

Great topic elle! I was getting depressed with all the unhappy people who are angry about not getting the MPG I their FFH out there. I guess I am one of the fortunate ones that get close to the advertised MPG. However, the way I drive my FFH, I could probably get 47MPG out of V8 Mustang! For a car of this size to get anything over 40MPG is just amazing, not to mention all the other features that are including in a very well-designed and well-built package that really doesn't have any competition in the $30,000 price range. I absolutely love this car"

Thanks.  I am making a resolution right now that I'm not going to feed anything more into the negative focus on mileage.  There are many things to love about this car and I didn't buy it to hyperfocus on one issue.  I'd prefer to enjoy it as thoroughly as possible.  My commute in and out from work has routinely been in the 40s over the past week or so.  I really didn't expect much more than this and am happy that I seem to be getting it.  There is NOTHING out there that can beat this car for its price.  Nothing.  So why not be happy?  

• hybridbear, neod192, Nick P and 4 others like this

#8 OFFLINE   DeeCee

DeeCee

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. Kudos to Elle!

• elle likes this

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Reserve

MKZ Technology package

White Platinum

Cappuccino Leather

#9 OFFLINE   rleiter9

rleiter9

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I will start by saying that I am really enjoying my 2013 Fusion Hybrid.  I've driven it on short trips and long trips, and it is comfortable and fun to drive.  I particularly like some of the new features such as adaptive cruise control and back-up camera / sensor.

However, I am very unhappy with the MPG I am getting (35.7 MPG after about 3500 miles, with no noticeable improvements in the last 1500 miles).  While this is much better than I was getting with my previous car, it is significantly lower than the EPA rating.  What bothers me most is that Ford's marketing of the 2013 Fusion Hybrid and C-Max have been very misleading. The dealership where I bought my car told me absolutely nothing about this problem.  When I called them to discuss it after reading about the Consumer Reports investigation, they claimed to have no knowledge about the problem, and suggested that I contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center.  What a joke! After waiting a half-hour on hold to talk to someone, I was told that they couldn't do anything about it, and suggested that I call another Ford dealer in the San Diego area to see if they had any advice!  So I called the Ford dealer they suggested, and was told that they knew nothing about the problem; their only suggestion was that I use name-brand gasoline.  In the meantime, more than two months have passed since I bought my car, and I continue to see misleading TV commercials and billboards for the Fusion Hybrid and C-Max touting its 47 MPG EPA rating. 

I have had a lot of people ask me how I like my new Fusion Hybrid.  It is very frustrating to have to explain to them that even though it is a great car to drive, its MPG is far below what was advertised.  I spent a lot of time researching various hybrids and plug-ins before buying it, and I really feel ripped-off by Ford.  I am hoping that EPA will finish its investigation quickly, and will force Ford to make good on its false promises.

• acdii, Fynack, MXGOLF and 1 other like this

#10 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

I don't know about 47 MPG in a Mustang. When our car was in the shop (which has happened 3 times already) we've had a Mustang Convertible, a 2012 Fusion V6 and a 2012 Focus as the loaner rental car. The Mustang and 2012 Fusion V6 struggled to get 20-25 MPG with me driving just like I drive the FFH. The Focus returned around 30 MPG, while we're getting 40 in the Fusion. Love the Fusion Hybrid. We also get compliments on the car at the store and other places as people really like it.

Thanks.  I am making a resolution right now that I'm not going to feed anything more into the negative focus on mileage.  There are many things to love about this car and I didn't buy it to hyperfocus on one issue.  I'd prefer to enjoy it as thoroughly as possible.  My commute in and out from work has routinely been in the 40s over the past week or so.  I really didn't expect much more than this and am happy that I seem to be getting it.  There is NOTHING out there that can beat this car for its price.  Nothing.  So why not be happy?  

Thanks Elle. I created another "Positive only" thread under the General Powertrain discussion for more positivity and I'm curious what everyone's favorite part of their Fusion is...

• elle and gadgetguy like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#11 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

I will start by saying that I am really enjoying my 2013 Fusion Hybrid.  I've driven it on short trips and long trips, and it is comfortable and fun to drive.  I particularly like some of the new features such as adaptive cruise control and back-up camera / sensor.

However, I am very unhappy with the MPG I am getting (35.7 MPG after about 3500 miles, with no noticeable improvements in the last 1500 miles).  While this is much better than I was getting with my previous car, it is significantly lower than the EPA rating.  What bothers me most is that Ford's marketing of the 2013 Fusion Hybrid and C-Max have been very misleading. The dealership where I bought my car told me absolutely nothing about this problem.  When I called them to discuss it after reading about the Consumer Reports investigation, they claimed to have no knowledge about the problem, and suggested that I contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center.  What a joke! After waiting a half-hour on hold to talk to someone, I was told that they couldn't do anything about it, and suggested that I call another Ford dealer in the San Diego area to see if they had any advice!  So I called the Ford dealer they suggested, and was told that they knew nothing about the problem; their only suggestion was that I use name-brand gasoline.  In the meantime, more than two months have passed since I bought my car, and I continue to see misleading TV commercials and billboards for the Fusion Hybrid and C-Max touting its 47 MPG EPA rating. 

I have had a lot of people ask me how I like my new Fusion Hybrid.  It is very frustrating to have to explain to them that even though it is a great car to drive, its MPG is far below what was advertised.  I spent a lot of time researching various hybrids and plug-ins before buying it, and I really feel ripped-off by Ford.  I am hoping that EPA will finish its investigation quickly, and will force Ford to make good on its false promises.

Apparently you didn't understand the purpose of this thread, your comment doesn't belong here

• jeff_h, HenryVIII, elle and 3 others like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#12 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

OK here's positive  37 MPG in my 2010, right on the nose!  :)   So easy to get it too. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#13 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Apparently you didn't understand the purpose of this thread, your comment doesn't belong here

Looking at the thread titles under the "Fuel Mileage" area has the following four on top:

- 2013 Hybrid MPG Results
- MPG Happy Talk
- 2013 Fusion Hybrid MPG and Tire Size and Make
- 2013 FFH real world fuel economy

So it's interesting that a Debby Downer would choose this particular thread over the other more obvious choices?... perhaps some people either have difficulty with placement or somehow find satisfaction in being a turd in a punchbowl, hard to tell.

• hermans, JSKershaw, HenryVIII and 1 other like this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#14 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

However, I am very unhappy with the MPG I am getting (35.7 MPG after about 3500 miles, with no noticeable improvements in the last 1500 miles). 

I'm afraid you're posting this in the wrong thread :) We're talking about happy MPG talk in here :-p

• hermans and elle like this

- Deep Impact Blue

- Driver Assist Package

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#15 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hows this for happy?  68 mile highway trip

563189_510085279033611_986596045_n.jpg

• majorleeslow likes this

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hows this for happy?  68 mile highway trip

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Looks like I need to get my car cleaned, sure is dusty in that picture. 

• dalesky likes this

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Fynack

Fynack

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 167 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Just based on fuelly number your story is like 99% of us, if you look at fueleconomy.gov its 75% of us, if you check the facebook page for the fusion hybrid its filled with ranting of same thing. Why anyone would create a thread just to chart how wonderful their mpg is but cant say anything bad is bizarre and suspicious. Their either working for Ford or one of their social networking cronies.

#19 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Just based on fuelly number your story is like 99% of us, if you look at fueleconomy.gov its 75% of us, if you check the facebook page for the fusion hybrid its filled with ranting of same thing. Why anyone would create a thread just to chart how wonderful their mpg is but cant say anything bad is bizarre and suspicious. Their either working for Ford or one of their social networking cronies.

Can you give me a link to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Facebook page?

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#20 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Can you give me a link to the Ford Fusion Hybrid Facebook page?

https://www.facebook...dfusion?fref=ts

- Deep Impact Blue

- Driver Assist Package

196622.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·