Sign in to follow this  
Mufasha

Eco-Cruise is not enabled when first purchased

When the care is first purchase (at least in my case) the Eco-cruise control in not activated, my mileage on my first trip (when i was ignorant that there was such a thing as eco cruise) was 35 mpg. I have yet to travel a great distance with the eco cruise activated but I am hoping/expecting for more then 35.

When you decline to give your general location, there's no way to know if your mileage is being affected by cold weather. The mileage decline is about 2 mpg. per 10º F. lower temperature. The EPA tests can be done as high as 70º F. so if your temperature is now 20, the hit can be 10 mpg. When the temp. goes up to 95, you'll gain 5 mpg.

Amazing the huge variance between the 2013 and the 2010-12 Hybrids. 10 MPG in the 13, but only 5 MPG in the 10.

ECO Cruise barely has any factor in MPG. For the past few days Ive driven like a normal person , accelerating at 3-4k rpm and not even looking at the screen to see if im in EV node and I get 34.5mpg. I try my hardest to accelerate at 2k rpm and stay in EV mode and cruise as much as possible and I get 37-38mpg. Its fairly apparent to me that giving a darn and driving as Ford instructed isnt worth the distraction. at least for me.

YEP! What is really sad is if you drive like this in a Toyota Prius, you can get up to 90 MPG. Screwed up is what I say.

What is the difference between Eco Cruise and regular cruise? I have tried both, but can't tell. Its hard to tell, but does Eco cruise take longer to get accelerate to the selected speed?

Yes. If you go up a grade it will allow the car to slow up a bit and gradually increase up to the set limit. If you hit resume it will slowly accelerate the car, normally when you hit resume it will give it gas to quickly get up to the set limit.

There is adaptive cruise/collision warning, and there is Ecocruise. All hybrids have Eco cruise, ACC is an option.

That all depends on the driver. A NEWB will see much better MPG using the cruise than with the right foot until he/she has learned the tricks.

A couple of years ago, after I was well familiar with the car, I did a 40 mile 70 mph interstate comparison with CC on and off. Off yielded 1 mpg more, definitely not worth the effort to me.

Yeah actually I am right, The new Ecocruise is very good at getting better MPG than a heavy right foot can. On a long road trip the constant pedal play will get tiresome and then your MPG will drop, where the Ecocruise will continue to get its best possible MPG.

Again, "all depends on the driver"!!