Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Accelerating in the 2010-12 FFH

The 2010-12 operates a bit different than the 13 model does. What I have observed in mine is at 2000 RPM, you arent going to get anywhere quickly, in fact if you reach 40 MPH your doing good, may take you 5 minutes, but you will eventually get there. On this car, accelerate briskly, around 2800-3000 RPM, and start backing off as you reach your intended speed, then feather the pedal lightly to go into EV mode if under 45. Set your right display to the graph with 10 minute intervals, and use that screen to adapt your driving style to the car. the Instant gauge is a bit slow, so dont be fooled by it not jumping up when you relax the pedal, let it catch up before you back out more. Eventually you will be able to get it the hover between 35 and 45 MPG while maintaining highway speeds 45+.

There is a sweet spot where the car will accelerate while getting 40+ MPG, not easy to find, but when you do, you will know it, as you are slowly going past 60 MPH, still showing 40+ MPG and getting quicker with each mile. Finding it is difficult, but when you do you will be amazed at how well it works. I usually find it and some one gets in front of me and I have to back off, grumbling cussing and swearing too.

As far as what? MPG? The two cars are totally different in the driving aspect, the 12 accelerates nicely at 2000 RPM, where the 10-12 needs to run at a higher RM to match the speeds. I can go further on EV in the 10 than the 13 on a half charge vs full charge. The 10 battery levels are maintained at the halfway mark, unless the car does a conditioning cycle. The 10 is easier to drive in this regard to the 13 as it coasts better.