acdii

Hows your heat?

Just curious how others are in the cold, Real cold, not that down south need a winter jacket 40* cold, but us tough guys in the north cold. :) After being back in our 2010 today in 7* temps, I was nice and warm with the temp at 72, low speed, second step on the floor position. In the 13 though, I never get warm enough unless I really crank the temp up to 78, and then it takes forever to get warm. I am really wondering if its the cooling system that is screwing with the car.

We have ours at 70 degrees on the automatic setting. The car does not give any heat until it can, about two minutes. That's pretty nice, once it starts blowing it's warm. Keeps the cabin very comfortable. We were driving in minus 7 (-7 degrees) last week. All worked well, except the car did not like the cold for MPG. My Tahoe will get 16 MPG in temps above 50. Lately the cold temps and winter blend gas have it down to 13 MPG. Shows what cold temps and winter gas do to mileage in what ever car you drive.

2 minutes? ok, mine is not working then, it takes about 5 miles before I get heat. Thats at 55 MPH!

Almost sounds like the thermostat is stuck wide open, --- or not there at all?

Climate system and heat.

I brought my 2013 Fusion Hybrid to the dealer

because my temp guage stays in the " C " range as well as my blue light on the temp guage,

comes on even after driving for 45 minutes on a day that was 23 F.

They noted it but could not find any problems or a fix. Yes there is heat ,but the engine temp reads cold.

Climate system and heat.

I brought my 2013 Fusion Hybrid to the dealer

because my temp guage stays in the " C " range as well as my blue light on the temp guage,

comes on even after driving for 45 minutes on a day that was 23 F.

They noted it but could not find any problems or a fix. Yes there is heat ,but the engine temp reads cold.

What has your MPG been averaging?

There is a fix in the works, may take 2 or 3 years, so just be patient.

I can't use my heat because I already get crappy mileage and that would make it worse. Thanks FORD!

Now that I covered the grills 100% I have decent heat. Hasnt helped much anything else, but I haz heat!