Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Pricing, Haggling, Tips and Tricks

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I've got a spreadsheet at home where I had the options and prices listed, when I was first comparing, will try and dig it back out.

Did the C-max also see a price increase, like the Fusion?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

Curious about the tax credit, was it taken off the price, or what?

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#103 OFFLINE   rico567

rico567

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 93 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:04 SAAB 9-5 wagon

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Negotiating directly with the Sales Manager eliminates most of the sales tricks. The Sales Manager is the guy who can actually say YES to a deal. I've walked out of many a showroom, only to have the phone ring with a YES that was "impossible" at the showroom.

As we get closer to actually negotiating for a car, the quote above brings back feelings of nausea from past experiences. There is a local dealer I won't go near (we just drove 80 miles to test-drive a car because of them) because of just such tactics. I'm guessing the car business just won't change their dirty habits....because they pay off for them.

I'm getting too old to play "Fargo" with these people, and it makes me want to just go through Triple A or Costco and buy the car.....except for my sneaking suspicion that that won't be my best deal. After we decide on exactly what we want to order, maybe the best route is just to get Internet offers from a half-dozen dealers and buy it from the low bidder.

• acdii likes this

#104 OFFLINE   Fastronaut

Fastronaut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 420 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

As we get closer to actually negotiating for a car, the quote above brings back feelings of nausea from past experiences. There is a local dealer I won't go near (we just drove 80 miles to test-drive a car because of them) because of just such tactics. I'm guessing the car business just won't change their dirty habits....because they pay off for them.

I'm getting too old to play "Fargo" with these people, and it makes me want to just go through Triple A or Costco and buy the car.....except for my sneaking suspicion that that won't be my best deal. After we decide on exactly what we want to order, maybe the best route is just to get Internet offers from a half-dozen dealers and buy it from the low bidder.

It's your money, but if you go with an Affinity Buyers Group, you're not necessarily saving the most you can.  It may not be the easiest thing to deal with a Sales Manager, but it's your best way to save if you have no Ford Employee Plans.  Just sayin'.  Hope you enjoy your new car when you pull the trigger on the buy.  It's always a good idea to see what the surrounding dealerships are offering on the Internet, but beware they base prices on different things.  Be sure to compare apples with apples.

• hybridbear likes this
250421.png

(HIS) 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium - Deep Impact Blue Metallic
  • Driver Assist Package (90A), Voice Activated Navigation (60N)
  • Active Park Assist (18C), Moon Roof (13B)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (53B), WeatherTech FloorLiner All-Weather Mats
  • Trunk Cargo Net (96B), Heated/Cooled Front Seats (46B), Heated Steering Wheel (52A)
Ordered: 10/28/13 | VIN assigned: 10/31/13 | Window Sticker: 11/13/13 | Actual Build Date: 11/21/13 | In-Transit: 11/23/13 | ETA: 12/14/13 | Arrived at CSX Facility: 12/05/13 | Arrived at Dealer: 12/09/13 | Delivered: 12/11/13

220431.png

(HERS) 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium - Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
  • Driver Assist Package (90A), Voice Activated Navigation (60N)
  • Active Park Assist (18C), Moon Roof (13B)
  • Adaptive Cruise Control (53B), WeatherTech FloorLiner All-Weather Mats
  • Trunk Cargo Net (96B)
Ordered: 11/06/12 | VIN assigned: 2/28/13 | Window Sticker: 3/28/13 | Actual Build Date: 04/06/13 | In-Transit: 4/17/13 | ETA: 5/07/13 | Arrived at CSX Facility: 4/29/13 | Arrived at Dealer: 5/02/13 | Delivered: 5/03/13 | Tagged: 5/06/13 | Major Failure in for Service: 5/13/13 | Lemon Law Replacement Vehicle Received: 6/17/13

#105 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Internet competition seems to work best. Then you have a price in writing.  Here's what I'm willing to pay for this car with these options, Yes or no?   I bought a few cars this way and always did good.

• hybridbear likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#106 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Invoice amount includes $795 shipping plus a fuel charge ($45-$55) and regional advertising fee ($564 in my area).

The advertising fee is getting ridiculous

Are you planning to do a factory order or buy off the lot? Factory order will get you a better deal than buying off the lot. You can contact multiple dealers and tell them you want to do a factory order and ask them if they'll sell you a factory order at $500 below invoice. You might not find anyone willing to go that low, but that should get you some good offers and weed out the dealers who won't be competitive. If you factory order I would not pay more than invoice.

You could pick a dealer and have them try to find a car with your specs to swap from another dealer but that will cost you more money and will likely result in the car having a few hundred miles on it when it is driven to your dealer. Factory order gets you a brand new car that no one else has driven at a lower price, but you have to be prepared to wait a few months then. Since you haven't ordered yet you may want to order a 2014. Order banks are already open for 2014 Fusions and there are some cool feature changes. Check out the Blue Oval Forums for more info

Edited by hybridbear, 06 May 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·