Riggo

Pricing, Haggling, Tips and Tricks

Well I am not good at arm twisting. I suppose I have all the up until I drive off the log to negotiate though, so have time to think about it.

My order should go in on Thursday. I keep telling them (joking way) to throw in a free sun room. Who knows :)

Why only ask for a sun room, should of went for a 3 season room and a hot tub. ;)

Edited by okaydave

Oops total typo !!

Lol ya convert the back into a jacuzzi. :)

Yeah, but that's where the batteries are! :doh: :)

I was able to get $700 off invoice + $1,500 in rebates ($500 cash + $1,000 competitive lease program... I'm one of those whiny Lexus owners for another month :) ) so my final before taxes and fees was $2,300 under invoice. Taxes & dealership fee adds back $1,750ish so all in I'm at $500 under invoice.

I was able to get $700 off invoice + $1,500 in rebates ($500 cash + $1,000 competitive lease program... I'm one of those whiny Lexus owners for another month :) ) so my final before taxes and fees was $2,300 under invoice. Taxes & dealership fee adds back $1,750ish so all in I'm at $500 under invoice.

Competitive lease program discount? If you are leasing how are you buying?

That's an AMAZING deal! How did you get $700 under invoice? Are you ordering from factory? And please explain about the competitive lease program? Are you coming from a lease to Ford that you get that bonus?

Congrats!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="hybridbear" data-cid="47300" data-time="1364509346"><p>

<br />

That's an <em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>AMAZING</strong></em> deal! How did you get $700 under invoice? Are you ordering from factory? And please explain about the competitive lease program? Are you coming from a lease to Ford that you get that bonus?<br />

<br />

Congrats!</p></blockquote>

Right where you should be at this point.

Competitive lease program discount? If you are leasing how are you buying?

If you lease a non-Ford car and buy/lease Fusion, you get a $1,000 incentive. I don't think it's compatible with X Plan - you can check the incentives website for details.

That's an AMAZING deal! How did you get $700 under invoice? Are you ordering from factory? And please explain about the competitive lease program? Are you coming from a lease to Ford that you get that bonus?

Congrats!

Honestly, I used Truecar.com and submitted the request to 3 dealers. The dealer that I went with gave me a fantastic price right off the bat. At that moment I was looking at an SE (really wanted dune leather) but later as I was placing the order, I changed to a titanium. They still quoted me a rock bottom price. Ordered through them and am now waiting who knows how long... the order went in on 3/22. I have a VIN but nothing is showing up yet.

The competitive lease program is good through 4/1 and is $1,000 if you have any lease that is not a Ford. You don't even have to trade in or end the lease. The Lexus is my wife's car but it still counted. I'm trading in an Infiniti G35 on the FFH.

If you lease a non-Ford car and buy/lease Fusion, you get a $1,000 incentive. I don't think it's compatible with X Plan - you can check the incentives website for details.

I remember hearing about that. I asked if we could get a rebate since this is our first Ford and because I grew up with a father who was (and still is) a staunch Chrysler fan...but the dealer said no :(

Honestly, I used Truecar.com and submitted the request to 3 dealers. The dealer that I went with gave me a fantastic price right off the bat. At that moment I was looking at an SE (really wanted dune leather) but later as I was placing the order, I changed to a titanium. They still quoted me a rock bottom price. Ordered through them and am now waiting who knows how long... the order went in on 3/22. I have a VIN but nothing is showing up yet.

The competitive lease program is good through 4/1 and is $1,000 if you have any lease that is not a Ford. You don't even have to trade in or end the lease. The Lexus is my wife's car but it still counted. I'm trading in an Infiniti G35 on the FFH.

That's right...I remember reading that and saying that it isn't fair that it only applies to leases. It's amazing that they would give you below invoice on the order. How is the trade-in value though? The dealer we bought from gave us the best deal on the trade-in. That's what I used to shop dealers because I knew we had X-Plan for the car. I found a dealer that was willing to give us $500 more on trade than anyone else. One dealer offered me $10,500 on trade, two others offered $11k even. Our dealer gave us $11,500. And, they also beat X-Plan by giving us invoice price which is better than X-Plan

I got this discount as I was getting out of a Honda Civic lease! I think this expires really soon.

I remember hearing about that. I asked if we could get a rebate since this is our first Ford and because I grew up with a father who was (and still is) a staunch Chrysler fan...but the dealer said no :(

That's right...I remember reading that and saying that it isn't fair that it only applies to leases. It's amazing that they would give you below invoice on the order. How is the trade-in value though? The dealer we bought from gave us the best deal on the trade-in. That's what I used to shop dealers because I knew we had X-Plan for the car. I found a dealer that was willing to give us $500 more on trade than anyone else. One dealer offered me $10,500 on trade, two others offered $11k even. Our dealer gave us $11,500. And, they also beat X-Plan by giving us invoice price which is better than X-Plan

I got 9,000 on the trade-in. That's a little bit on the low-end according to truecar but I've had the car for 10 years and it has some minor body damage on the back bumper, so I was fine with it. They didn't knock me down on tire wear and the tires are very close to replacement stage.

Another bonus of buying a fusion in Texas is that your registration is good for two full years :-)

Same in Maryland.

So does anyone know what the invoice price is for a red hyti with every option added except the sun roof? the dealer gave me a price of 35733 plus TTL. am I paying too much?

So does anyone know what the invoice price is for a red hyti with every option added except the sun roof? the dealer gave me a price of 35733 plus TTL. am I paying too much?

Titanium Hybrid with:

Driver Assist / Adaptive Cruise / Navigation / Active Park Assist - MSRP $35925 Invoice $33,026 -- most add freight to that, so make it MSRP $36.720 Invoice $33,821 (then subtract the $500 rebate = $33,321 for Invoice)... for Ruby Red add $395 ($353 Invoice) to this, forgot the color add-on.

You can do this yourself at kbb.com or edmunds.com, good luck.

Edited by jeff_h

Why don't you start your own thread?

still new here..I was thinking I should fit it into an existing one, but you're right, I'll get more replies that way for sure :)

Who here had listed pricing comparisons on the Cmax?

I made a post on that about 4-6 months ago, had done Build&Price on a C-Max hybrid and a Fusion SE Hybrid when they first appeared on the Ford B&P site, built to my desired specs the Fusion was only $1,800 more. Do a B&P comparison on the Energi models and I think there's a much larger gap, but for the SE Hybrid types it was not too far apart, at least the way I had it built.

Yeah, I want to see what the break down was on the Cmax Energi. My wife likes the Cmax better than the Fusion, and when I told her about the Energi going 20 miles without gas, she said, OOh I want one.

Who here had listed pricing comparisons on the Cmax?

hybridbear also had the breakdown between the c-max Hybrid and Energi. I think his parents are looking at a C-Max Energi.

hybridbear also had the breakdown between the c-max Hybrid and Energi. I think his parents are looking at a C-Max Energi.

I've got a spreadsheet at home where I had the options and prices listed, when I was first comparing, will try and dig it back out.