Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Pricing, Haggling, Tips and Tricks

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have the same order as you and I had them agree to 35,000. When I went in to sign, I felt almost guilty for squeezing a few extra hundred dollars out of them.
My salesperson said they would try to make it up if i traded my car in or some other way. She said the order is going in to Ford as a X-Plan order so they have to
make up the $300 plus themselves.
If I get both the $500 and $750 rebates, I may even give it back. We'll see how things develop with rebates and price increases....
Really? The dealer can't change it to a non X-plan order?

I'm torn! The price Dorian gave me is less than the x-plan price for my Blue one and it comes in Platinum White, which has a $538 (x-plan) premium!

But then I've been working with my dealer since October! And I have a $200 deposit with them, + they will probably honor the $750 coupon. Decisions, decisions!

Edited by neod192, 11 March 2013 - 03:53 PM.

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Really? The dealer can't change it to a non X-plan order?

I'm torn! The price Dorian gave me is less than the x-plan price for my Blue one and it comes in Platinum White, which has a $538 (x-plan) premium!

But then I've been working with my dealer since October! And I have a $200 deposit with them, + they will probably honor the $750 coupon. Decisions, decisions!

We're like kids in a candy store. lol

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#43 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

We're like kids in a candy store. lol

Yup! I'm going to take the Dorian price and get my dealer to price match ! LOL :)

- Deep Impact Blue

- Driver Assist Package

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#44 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yup! I'm going to take the Dorian price and get my dealer to price match ! LOL :)

So what price did they give you, PM me if you dont want to advertise it.  Curious what it came out to.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#45 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Never feel bad about a car dealer. They usually have so much more information than you and never hesitate to use it against you. My salesman mentioned that there was a person who came after me and bought a similar car to mine. I asked if he paid more, he smiled and said yes.

So until the prices are all public and the same for everyone and they don't mess you around for 'undercoating', etc. I won't cry them a river. They will not sell for a loss and it's about how much they can squeeze you for. Look at the people paying MSRP. Since they get a 3% holdback and who knows what else over/under 'invoice', do not think this is ever fair for the buyer.

I think A, X, and Z plan is the closest we have to fixed fair pricing. I'm paying $300 over 'invoice' plus free mud flaps, I'm thinking it is fair, since they are ordering it so no stock/allocation for them. They accepted and even gave a similar deal to a person I referred.

EDIT: The coupon you get from Ford ($750) is paid BY Ford, so the dealer better take it or report them to Ford Customer Service... It and the $1500 or $500 rebates are from Ford to you as well. There isn't a reason the dealer would not take it since it doesn't come out of their pocket like a negoiated price or plan price limites them. I, in fact, negoiated a price and then after the fact got the $750 and $1500 coupons applied. I'm annoyed they didn't offer it first and I had to find them and ask to get them applied.

Edited by shaggy314, 21 March 2013 - 10:52 AM.

• hybridbear likes this

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#46 OFFLINE   mokee

mokee

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 160 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE Hybrid & 2010 F-150 SCREW 2X4

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I don't know if it's true anymore, but my cousin the Ford dealer used to say "the back of the store (shop) paid the bills while the front of the store made the money. He also said " a good deal is when both parties are happy with the deal."

I gotta agree with shaggy.

#47 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

DROOL

http://dorianford.ne...e-Car/16928468/

:(

Looks like it has been sold, and since I haven't heard from my dealer, it most likely didnt work out between them. 

Sad puppy here, was hoping to get this one to replace mine. 

Posted Image

#48 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

:(

Looks like it has been sold, and since I haven't heard from my dealer, it most likely didnt work out between them. 

Sad puppy here, was hoping to get this one to replace mine. 

I didn't buy it :) I'll e-mail the dealer and see what they say !

- Deep Impact Blue

- Driver Assist Package

196622.png

#49 OFFLINE   gdn

gdn

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:----

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Ordered a Gas Titanium - loaded $36,245  - agreed on the phone to invoice minus $500 (worked with the Internet sales guys - they seem to shoot a little straighter and get right to the bottom than the guys out front).   

There has been a $400 increase in early March so I'm not done with them now.   I want them to throw in the lighted sill plates.    Dealers are good about that - it is good will - makes you happy and it really doesn't cost them much when they throw in add on's they get out of their own parts department.

So $500 below invoice and the $1500 rebate and $750 coupon (both of those from Ford and don't affect the dealer cost at all).   That is 14.5% off of MSRP.

Have to add taxes and fees.   As reported in TX - taxes 6.25%, inventory tax ~$50, deputy fee/transfer fee   ~$5, documentation fee  ~$75-100, license, inspection and title - ~$125.

#50 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Yeah they sold it. Wouldnt deal with my dealer on it. 

Posted Image

#51 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yeah they sold it. Wouldnt deal with my dealer on it. 

A customer inquired about it on Tuesday and he  flew in from Georgia yesterday to pick it up.

- Deep Impact Blue

- Driver Assist Package

196622.png

#52 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Sounds like that's better than the X-plan pricing. Is it? How did you manage that? :)

We got better than X-Plan by ordering instead of buying off the lot. We had X-Plan as an option but didn't need it.

Nope, just the same two rebates you had. 6% tax!? Ouch!

6.5% sales tax in MN on vehicles, closer to 8% now on other goods

Never feel bad about a car dealer. They usually have so much more information than you and never hesitate to use it against you. My salesman mentioned that there was a person who came after me and bought a similar car to mine. I asked if he paid more, he smiled and said yes.

So until the prices are all public and the same for everyone and they don't dick you around for 'undercoating', etc. I won't cry them a river. They will not sell for a loss and it's about how much they can squeeze you for. Look at the people paying MSRP. Since they get a 3% holdback and who knows what else over/under 'invoice', do not think this is ever fair for the buyer.

I think A, X, and Z plan is the closest we have to fixed fair pricing. I'm paying $300 over 'invoice' plus free mud flaps, I'm thinking it is fair, since they are ordering it so no stock/allocation for them. They accepted and even gave a similar deal to a person I referred.

EDIT: The coupon you get from Ford ($750) is paid BY Ford, so the dealer better take it or report them to Ford Customer Service... It and the $1500 or $500 rebates are from Ford to you as well. There isn't a reason the dealer would not take it since it doesn't come out of their pocket like a negoiated price or plan price limites them. I, in fact, negoiated a price and then after the fact got the $750 and $1500 coupons applied. I'm annoyed they didn't offer it first and I had to find them and ask to get them applied.

We had one dealer screw us out of the first FFH to arrive in MN. The Finance Guy openly told me that they didn't want to sell the car to us because we had X-Plan and that they knew they could sell it at full sticker price since it was the first one to arrive in MN. Even though we had $500 down and had agreed with the salesman to buy it they sold it out from under us and refunded our $500. I reported them to the BBB & Ford Corp. Because of the issue the boss of the whole dealer called me and apologized for what happened and gave me 3 years free oil changes as a goodwill offering

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#53 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I am trying to help my co-worker buy a new 2013 FFH. First of all, the inventory is really short in Greater Los Angeles area. She wants Ruby Red with all the fixings but she can't find any! Second thing I noticed is that the price seems to have gone up. It looks like the price for a nicely equipped FFH went up by about $1,500-$2,000. FFH must be selling really well! Anybody know a good Ford dealer in LA area who actually has FFH to sell? Thanks.

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver Metallic

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#54 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I am trying to help my co-worker buy a new 2013 FFH. First of all, the inventory is really short in Greater Los Angeles area. She wants Ruby Red with all the fixings but she can't find any! Second thing I noticed is that the price seems to have gone up. It looks like the price for a nicely equipped FFH went up by about $1,500-$2,000. FFH must be selling really well! Anybody know a good Ford dealer in LA area who actually has FFH to sell? Thanks.

I recommend expanding the search window and don't be afraid to take a ride to get the one you really want -- so you find one at a dealer that's 100 miles away, makes for an immediate road trip to enjoy the new car and if you have that car for 4 years then each day for 4 years the owner will look at it and think 'this is the one I wanted' rather than 'this is all the dealer had'....  that's my take on it anyway.

• ace8726872 likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#55 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I recommend expanding the search window and don't be afraid to take a ride to get the one you really want -- so you find one at a dealer that's 100 miles away, makes for an immediate road trip to enjoy the new car and if you have that car for 4 years then each day for 4 years the owner will look at it and think 'this is the one I wanted' rather than 'this is all the dealer had'....  that's my take on it anyway.

Absolutely agreed. It's just that she is not the kind to drive 100 miles to buy a car. She drives a Lexus!

Equipment Group 505A     Moonroof     Technology package with My Ford Touch     Active Park Assist     Reverse Sensing     Navigation     Driver Assist Package

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#56 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Absolutely agreed. It's just that she is not the kind to drive 100 miles to buy a car. She drives a Lexus!

You could go to a local dealer and have them search for/go get one from another dealer further away. That's what mine did. Took maybe 20 minutes to find the exact car I wanted about 240 miles away, and their driver went to pick it up two days later. I got the car with about 270 miles on it, but it was exactly what I wanted and it only took 4 days total from the day I asked for the car.

• ace8726872 likes this

#57 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Just keep checking on Cars.com, sort for the red ones, and wait until you see actual pictures there of the car you want on a dealer's lot.  That is how I found mine.  Stock ones come in and out fast and many of the ones with generic pictures are not actually on the lots yet.  

• ace8726872 likes this

#58 OFFLINE   ace8726872

ace8726872

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Both excellent ideas! Thank you. I will propose that she research cars.com and contact the dealers to see if they can find the car for her. I will also propose that her man-servant, I mean her husband, really roll up his sleeves and do the leg work now. I already serve a master of my own. Thank you.
  • hybridbear and elle like this

Build Date Jan 22, 2013

182629.png

#59 OFFLINE   laval2031

laval2031

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 63 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Both excellent ideas! Thank you. I will propose that she research cars.com and contact the dealers to see if they can find the car for her. I will also propose that her man-servant, I mean her husband, really roll up his sleeves and do the leg work now. I already serve a master of my own. Thank you.

man-servant=bitch

#60 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

You could also recommend that they just order one. If you buy one from another dealer far away you end up with a new car that isn't really new...plus most dealers will not sell a car off the lot as cheaply as they will sell a special order car from the factory. It's because of their costs. When dealers buy cars from Ford, most of the time they are not putting up the cash to Ford and then having that liability on their books, they work with a 3rd party finance company who pays Ford the cash and then charges the dealer a fee up front per vehicle and then an additional fee every month that the car sits on the lot. Once the dealer sells the car, they pay off the finance company. Because of this setup, most dealers are not willing to sell a car off the lot as cheaply as they'll sell a special order car. When you special order a car, they don't incur those same costs. They also don't have storage costs and other costs associated with inventory of that vehicle.

If she special orders a car she will get exactly what she wants, from a local dealer and it will likely be a few hundred dollars, if not thousands, cheaper. It took 6.5 wks from our order date to delivery date and we paid invoice price. Back when we ordered if we had bought one off a lot the best deal that was available was around $1000 over invoice because of the demand. We even did better than X-Plan pricing because of ordering the car.

• ace8726872 likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·