Riggo

Pricing, Haggling, Tips and Tricks

I wonder what A/Z price is on a loaded up HyTi! X plan is 35 and change.

My car (see signature) + All Weather Floor Mats, before the recent price increase:

• MSRP - $37,550.00
  • Invoice - $35,167.84
  • A/Z Plan - $33,787.84
  • D plan - $33,887.84
  • X Plan - $35,302.17

The only thing not included is the premium floor mats and the color premium.

Deduct about 10% from the sticker price and you'll be pretty close.

You're right! That's only $7.16 higher than the actual price!

Your car is identical to mine except for it being a Ti! If I were to order one it would be that without the park assist. I have yet needed it in the one I have, and used it once in 2 years in my Flex.

Hi Riggo,

I am in DC and doing my homework on a FFH now. Have some e-mail quotes by dealers--may I ask what dealer you wound up buying from? And did you completely agree on the price before setting foot in the dealership?

Thanks!

Thanks for the PM Riggo. I really appreciate it. I am too new to PM you back. :)

My car (see signature) + All Weather Floor Mats, before the recent price increase:
  • MSRP - $37,550.00
  • Invoice - $35,167.84
  • A/Z Plan - $33,787.84
  • D plan - $33,887.84
  • X Plan - $35,302.17

The only thing not included is the premium floor mats and the color premium.

We ordered the exact same car, except for color.

Nice, that's the third one on a dealer's lot :) This one was built on 2/8/13. Notice how the sticker shows the lower base price, but doesn't show the higher price for the options?

Update: I just noticed that's only ONE HOUR away from me!

Edited by neod192

Incentives can vary by market. That is why they ask for your home zip code. No mater where you buy, you only qualify for the incentives in your homw market. Dealer groups will put their advertising and incentive money on the vehicles they want to push, and that can be different in each market.Don't go by what somebody in another market got.

You get that one, dibs on the one you ordered! LOL

A sales coordinator called me to see what I'm looking for. A sales person will call me again in 15-20 min with a price.

Good news: the car IS AVAILABLE :-p

I requested an ePrice on this one! Let's see what they come back with :) I don't think it'll be lower than the X-Plan price.

Wow, to my surprise they made me a good offer!

If it was near me, I might jump on it. I love the platinum white.

Still tempted to change colors. How late in the game can you change your color and could it set back my build date?

If it was near me, I might jump on it. I love the platinum white.

Still tempted to change colors. How late in the game can you change your color and could it set back my build date?

It's tempting, but I don't think I want to pay the White Platinum premium. They confirmed it has the touch sensitive buttons, so that would be another reason to jump on this one (or do a dealer trade)! They're looking into the aluminum pedals now and will call me back.

I'm having them price it without x-plan, to see if I can get it lower than x-plan. Has anyone been able to do that?

A funny thing .. I looked up Dorian on Google Maps and my phone is already giving me directions to the dealership! It's a sign!

Edited by neod192

It's tempting, but I don't think I want to pay the White Platinum premium. They confirmed it has the touch sensitive buttons, so that would be another reason to jump on this one (or do a dealer trade)! They're looking into the aluminum pedals now and will call me back.

I'm having them price it without x-plan, to see if I can get it lower than x-plan. Has anyone been able to do that?

A funny thing .. I looked up Dorian on Google Maps and my phone is already giving me directions to the dealership! It's a sign!

I have the same order as you and I had them agree to 35,000. When I went in to sign, I felt almost guilty for squeezing a few extra hundred dollars out of them.

My salesperson said they would try to make it up if i traded my car in or some other way. She said the order is going in to Ford as a X-Plan order so they have to

make up the $300 plus themselves.

If I get both the $500 and $750 rebates, I may even give it back. We'll see how things develop with rebates and price increases....

I have the same order as you and I had them agree to 35,000. When I went in to sign, I felt almost guilty for squeezing a few extra hundred dollars out of them.

My salesperson said they would try to make it up if i traded my car in or some other way. She said the order is going in to Ford as a X-Plan order so they have to

make up the $300 plus themselves.

If I get both the $500 and $750 rebates, I may even give it back. We'll see how things develop with rebates and price increases....

Really? The dealer can't change it to a non X-plan order?

I'm torn! The price Dorian gave me is less than the x-plan price for my Blue one and it comes in Platinum White, which has a $538 (x-plan) premium!

But then I've been working with my dealer since October! And I have a $200 deposit with them, + they will probably honor the $750 coupon. Decisions, decisions!

Edited by neod192

Really? The dealer can't change it to a non X-plan order?

I'm torn! The price Dorian gave me is less than the x-plan price for my Blue one and it comes in Platinum White, which has a $538 (x-plan) premium!

But then I've been working with my dealer since October! And I have a $200 deposit with them, + they will probably honor the $750 coupon. Decisions, decisions!

We're like kids in a candy store. lol

We're like kids in a candy store. lol

Yup! I'm going to take the Dorian price and get my dealer to price match ! LOL :)

Yup! I'm going to take the Dorian price and get my dealer to price match ! LOL :)

So what price did they give you, PM me if you dont want to advertise it. Curious what it came out to.

Never feel bad about a car dealer. They usually have so much more information than you and never hesitate to use it against you. My salesman mentioned that there was a person who came after me and bought a similar car to mine. I asked if he paid more, he smiled and said yes.

So until the prices are all public and the same for everyone and they don't mess you around for 'undercoating', etc. I won't cry them a river. They will not sell for a loss and it's about how much they can squeeze you for. Look at the people paying MSRP. Since they get a 3% holdback and who knows what else over/under 'invoice', do not think this is ever fair for the buyer.

I think A, X, and Z plan is the closest we have to fixed fair pricing. I'm paying $300 over 'invoice' plus free mud flaps, I'm thinking it is fair, since they are ordering it so no stock/allocation for them. They accepted and even gave a similar deal to a person I referred.

EDIT: The coupon you get from Ford ($750) is paid BY Ford, so the dealer better take it or report them to Ford Customer Service... It and the $1500 or $500 rebates are from Ford to you as well. There isn't a reason the dealer would not take it since it doesn't come out of their pocket like a negoiated price or plan price limites them. I, in fact, negoiated a price and then after the fact got the $750 and $1500 coupons applied. I'm annoyed they didn't offer it first and I had to find them and ask to get them applied.

Edited by shaggy314

I don't know if it's true anymore, but my cousin the Ford dealer used to say "the back of the store (shop) paid the bills while the front of the store made the money. He also said " a good deal is when both parties are happy with the deal."

I gotta agree with shaggy.

:(

Looks like it has been sold, and since I haven't heard from my dealer, it most likely didnt work out between them.

Sad puppy here, was hoping to get this one to replace mine.

:(

Looks like it has been sold, and since I haven't heard from my dealer, it most likely didnt work out between them.

Sad puppy here, was hoping to get this one to replace mine.

I didn't buy it :) I'll e-mail the dealer and see what they say !

Ordered a Gas Titanium - loaded $36,245 - agreed on the phone to invoice minus $500 (worked with the Internet sales guys - they seem to shoot a little straighter and get right to the bottom than the guys out front).

There has been a $400 increase in early March so I'm not done with them now. I want them to throw in the lighted sill plates. Dealers are good about that - it is good will - makes you happy and it really doesn't cost them much when they throw in add on's they get out of their own parts department.

So $500 below invoice and the $1500 rebate and $750 coupon (both of those from Ford and don't affect the dealer cost at all). That is 14.5% off of MSRP.

Have to add taxes and fees. As reported in TX - taxes 6.25%, inventory tax ~$50, deputy fee/transfer fee ~$5, documentation fee ~$75-100, license, inspection and title - ~$125.