hybridbear

2013 FFH poor build quality

So, I'm the leader of the pack. You think I am the only one who has this problem? Guess again, I am just the one being the most vocal on it, and do you really blame me? A $36,000 car that is sold as a 47 MPG car that cant achieve it unless you REALLY hypermile it? It is not what I bought into! There are a few others on this board who are also having poor results like mine, it just so happens mine has been the only one to have fouled the spark plugs, probably because I have more miles on mine than they do.

However, I also have video proof of what it takes to obtain 40 MPG in this car, and was TOLD by Ford this is how you get 47 MPG in this car. A few people have been lucky that their cars have not had problems like this.

My rants and information I give here is in hopes others who DO have issues like mine will have whatever information I can give them from my troubles to hopefully lessen their grief!

But if that is not appreciated, fine, I will just move on. But if someone asks if I would recommend the Fusion, in my heart I would have to say no, not because of the car, but because of Ford. The Fusion is a fine car, but I feel I have been bent over and shafted with a baseball bat and no lube.

Hugging the car sounds like an excellent plan ;)

I tried,

my cheek froze to the window

wasnt pretty.

I went to Metro Ford in Raynham MA today with this same problem. It seems that Ford has acknowledged this problem and they have a fix for it. The service rep mentioned some type of spacer part that they have to order.

I went to Metro Ford in Raynham MA today with this same problem. It seems that Ford has acknowledged this problem and they have a fix for it. The service rep mentioned some type of spacer part that they have to order.

There are several threads here about that, go to top level of forums and search on 'thrust washer' - I got mine fixed the week before last and now no more clicking/popping