hybridbear

2013 FFH poor build quality

Too bad you couldnt ask about the poor gas mileage in some of these and what they are doing to resolve it.

I have given it some thought, but first want to give Ford a chance to actually look at the car first. If they come back negative on it, I may take a trip there and see if I can raise Cain.

I dont know if Ford thinks I am looking to cash out on them, but all I have ever asked for is to either fix my car, or replace it with one that works, and I will be more than happy to pay for the miles I drove it. As long as it is replaced with the same or better, if better I will pay the balance too.

I'm just curious. Is the misalignment where the brake lights meet on the back top left of the trunk? I noticed that in a lot of the fusions I looked at.

There is a similar thread in the Fusion Forum on this, in post #15 I linked to a couple videos and wondered if this was going to be a common thing as compared to the 2010-2012 models.

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/topic/8917-2013-fit-and-finish/

More bad news...CEL is back on today. The Vehicle Health Report says that the PCM has detected a fault with the evaporative emission control system. I made an appt to bring car to Ford this afternoon and they'll provide a rental loaner again.

At least I'm getting my warranty money out of Ford!!

My parents really got their money out of their extended warranty on their 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan. Chrysler paid for 2 replacement transmissions and a number of other defects with that car.

I feel like buying the Fusion so early was a bad idea. Maybe we should have bought the Camry instead, even though it gets worse gas mileage, is ugly and uncomfortable. I'm not at all a fan of Toyota, but I expect better quality in $31,000 car than what we have. Very disappointed in Ford.

Well now that I know how to achieve at least 40 MPG in my new one, and that the only problem that is wrong with the car is you have to drive it VERY slowly if you want to get that, I am probably going to jump ship now and go to Toyota. If we can swing it, we may get the Avalon Hybrid. At the very least when we drive that car, it will get at or near the EPA ratings, without having to do extreme Pulse and Glide and risk road rage incidences on the way to and from work, just to get what we can get in our 2010 with just normal driving.

Considering making a video that shows how to obtain 40 MPG in the new Fusion, so that others can see how its done. It may steer people away from this car, but at least they will be informed before they get robbed.