jholt26

Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning System

Dont worry, it will go off at some point and make you tinkle! When someone moves to the right or left turn lane and slows down before you clear them, it will go off. It does work...when you really dont need it.

Does the automatic braking only work when the cruise is set ON with the adaptive cruise?

It won't brake in regular everyday traffic the way you describe it?

It was scared? That is a puzzler, mine goes of a lot and has never slowed down. You probably didnt look, but if it did apply braking, your battery recharge would also be going.

I always thought active and passive were the difference in a car stopping and not. When I picked up my car I actually had someone slam on there brakes in front of me. When the car started beeping I had no clue wtf was beeping. When I saw the guy in front of me I def had a o-shit moment and I stopped about 2ft off there ass on a highway. My friend audi has the same thing and will throw u thru the windsheild if your not buckled up. My guess is if a cheapo VW or kia minivan will stop itself. Our cars do too.

After all, its trying to preserve its life. lol

System has nothing to do with adaptive cruise control tho I dont believe. Just uses the same sensors. Even if the braking system just slows itself to 20mph hoping you realize to put your foot on the brake by that point.

The ACC will slow the car as much as needed without interaction. I had the cruise set a few weeks ago on 290, and traffic slowed quickly and the car damn near slammed on the brakes, dropping it from 60 to 35 in a heartbeat, no collision alarm either. At that point I took over, but man did I have a smile on my face. That was COOL!