jholt26

Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning System

Did you accidentally turn off lane departure warning? From what I understand, it defaults ON on the 2014s, vs OFF on the 2013s. Try pressing the button on the end of the turn signal stalk to see if it comes back on. :)

Set to high it should go off a lot sooner, and actually give false alerts to under certain conditions. Since it is doing neither, there is a fault in the system somewhere, so finding a good dealer to look at it will help, just dont go to the ones around Lakeland, bunch of idiots work there. Stopped at one down there to have my car scanned, and documented as a problem, would have taken all of 5 minutes, but they were being jerks and had no clue what I was asking for.

The CSR should at least know the systems, after all how can they provide assistance for something if they have no clue what it does? If it were me and I had this happen with someone from Ford, I would not have been so nice, and insisted I spoke to someone who knows what the systems does.

... Kim, set me up with the South Florida Customer Service rep, ...

Hi Pavman,

Just to clarify, did you mean Ashley (instead of Kim)? I saw her reach out to you earlier in this thread. If you have any updates to this case, feel free to send her a PM at FordService so she can help. :)

Kim

Yes, I meant Ashley, I kept on hearing Kim on this forum so I got you all mixed up. I finally got back in touch with my local dealer contact who is supposed to help me. He wan''s me to bring the car in again but cold not answer my question if there was an adjustment to calibrate the system. I was told they are still waiting on a response from Ford to se if the system could be calibrated etc... Exactly why I don't wan't to bring the car in and be vehicle-less for a week or two. I may email TRW the simple question, although they will likely tell me to contact Ford...

Thanks for the response, I will PM Ashley if I get anywhere.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't think I wasn't ignoring you! ;) You know where to find me if you need help with any of the SYNC stuff.

Kim

It kept me farther back than the white FFH ever did. In the white FFH I felt that even the 4 bar setting was too close for safety. In the Energi I felt like 4 bars was safe.

Wow I guess it's relative to the friendly drivers in one's area -- 4 bars? I keep mine at 2 bars and often have other drivers moved into my lane right in front of me as it's considered a big gap.

Have you checked the sensitivity level? I wonder if that has any play in it.

No, but the sensitivity is tied in somehow, I notice it brakes sooner when set to high, and brakes when it sees oncoming traffic on a curve, that gets a little unnerving at times.

I have mine set to one bar. The idiots (transplants, snowbirds and tourists) will cut in on you. Usually to make a right turn from the left lane. I still cover the brake pedal just in case.

I see the same thing all the time. Drivers here will be driving behind you and if you leave enough space to the car in front they will pass, cut back in front of you slam on the brakes and turn left.

Edited by darrelld

You are correct Waldo, I am speaking about the "Forward Collision Warning" system. I have read and understand the parameters including not braking, going over 5 mph, not steering aggressively etc...and taken all of these into consideration. I don't expect the system to brake for me but I had ordered the option to assist in WARNING me of a possible collision with a vehicle that may have suddenly slowed or stopped in front of me, in the event I may have been temporarily distracted.

I expect the system to work between high sensitivity and low sensitivity like the other owners of Fords as shown on this tread and copied below:

Now with that said this morning my wife DID manage to get it to go off once. I was extremely surprised because I cannot get it to happen. In today's scenario she was less than 5 feet from hitting a car, and I am not exaggerating! - so the system did give a warning on this one instance but I tell you she was driving badly and approaching extremely another vehicle very fast, she actually had to swerve as brakes would not have stopped an impact, frankly if another car would have been next to us she would have caused an accident (not too happy with her right now!!)

Anyhow, the system in my car must be so de-tuned that the 5 foot before impact warning does no good whatsoever. I have set the sensitivity form Low to Highest and as I said it does not work like the videos above, In it's current state it is useless. I have also watched other videos showing the system go off even for cars in the other lane. I am wondering if the new sensor in my car was calibrated so badly, it is pointless??

I have mine set to medium sensitivity and it seems to go off slightly more than I would like. Example, approaching a 30 degree curve with a left turn lane will set if off if the last car in the turn lane is close to but not actually in my lane.