jholt26

Adaptive Cruise Control & Collision Warning System

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the cancelled cruise control number changes while it's cancelled?

I noticed in djmnfll's photo that his ACC showed a speed of 28 MPH. When we cancel our ACC and then come to a complete stop the speed often also shows 28 MPH. It seems to happen not 100% of the time, but most of the time. It doesn't happen when just canceling and slowing down and then resuming.

Quite often on our road trip I would cancel the ACC from 65 MPH to slow down for small towns. I would use my foot to slow down to 35-45 MPH, whatever the speed limit was in town. Rarely did we have to stop in any of the towns. I could then accelerate out of town and hit resume to go back to 65 MPH. On occasion, we would have to stop in a town, not just for a stop sign, but for a red light. A few times, when I went to hit resume the ACC said 28 MPH instead of 65 MPH. Other times we'd get off the interstate to buy gas and when I'd arrive at the gas pumps and stop to take a pic of my tank MPGs I'd notice that the ACC showed 28 MPH instead of 65 MPH. I don't recall this happening before we had a car with ACC.

Here's the link to djmnfll's photo: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9738-i-finally-got-past-the-mpg-plateau/?p=92690

Has anyone else noticed this odd behavior?

Yes I have noticed it and I pretty sure it does set the speed to 28 MPH when the shifter is taken out of D and placed in P. For example when making a quick restroom stop without turning off the car it's always 28 MPH when leaving.

If you just slow down it doesn't change which would be pretty strange anyway.

Never had it reset to 28 when coming to a dead stop, I have accidentally hit the +- instead of Resume which gave me a feeling of sudden braking.

I tested the 28 mph "feature" today... Yep, just like CC said, set your CC to something other than 28, come to a stop (doesn't matter if you cancel with the button or the brake), shift into park, and bam! 28 mph! Pretty nifty! And weird at the same time...

I tested the 28 mph "feature" today... Yep, just like CC said, set your CC to something other than 28, come to a stop (doesn't matter if you cancel with the button or the brake), shift into park, and bam! 28 mph! Pretty nifty! And weird at the same time...

Aha!! What if you shift into Neutral? I seem to remember situations where I didn't shift into Park and yet I saw the 28 MPH. I will occasionally shift into Neutral at long traffic lights & put the Parking Brake on so that I can rest my foot when I'm tired after lots of driving.

I would test it out but it'll be days or maybe even a week before I drive the Energi on the highway again where I could test this.

I shifted into neutral today while waiting at a stop sign and the cruise setting stayed the same. It did not go back to 28 as it does when going to Park.

Today while sitting at a light I just moved the shift lever to R, not P, and the cruise setting went back to 28.