Sign in to follow this  
B25Nut

Safety & the Fusion

I guess I just passed over the info in the Owner's Manual on the Fusion's Personal Safety System. This is from AutoBlog:

"Ford's Fusion and Fusion Hybrid have both received the highest five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The rating is a big upgrade for the Fusion, which was completely redesigned for 2013. The previous model fell one star short of the top rating, after scoring only three stars in the frontal crash test and four stars in the side crash test and rollover evaluations. The 2013 Fusion received four stars in side crash and rollover testing and a full five stars in the front crash test.

Test results for the 2013 Fusion and Fusion Hybrid were greatly improved at least in part due to Ford's Personal Safety System. The system utilizes smarter sensors to gather crash data and tailor the car's restraint systems to the occupants. Seatbelt usage and seat position are taken into account to ensure airbags deploy with less pressure for smaller drivers, more for larger drivers.

The 2013 Fusion twins also received the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick+ designation."

With word of record Ford hybrid sales today and the safety ratings from last week, are you finding it hard not to get a little arrogant about our decisions to buy the FFH?

Well, basicly Iget puffed up about all the good things like safety and bummed by the mpg problems some are having. Would that it all were good. Mine seems to be behaving normally and I feel I have got all the benefits of the choice.

I have NO REGRETS about my purchase.. I love the vehicle.. and now I feel even better about it after this post.. thank you!