Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Toyota Camry Hybrid vs FFH

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Back in December I checked out the Toyota Nation site where they had started a thread on TCH vs FFH. Someone requested imput from a 2013 FFH owner, so I put my 2 cents in while trying to be repectful and impartial. Boy, did I get attacked! I was called a Troll and Fanboy and asked to go away. They even ate one of their own, a 2012 TCH owner that pointed out some areas where the FFH could possibly be better. One post stated the FFH looked like a beached whale.
They are now on their third thread on the subject http://www.toyotanat...y-hybrid-3.html
FusionTX made a great post over the weekend (thank you TX):
"There are many Toyota hybrid owners looking at Ford's offerings. I am one. I own a 2007 TCH and it has been a great car to date. However, to me the Fusion Hybrid offers so many more options than the Camry, and it's not a plain Jane car. It looks amazing. Regardless of how good my Camry has been, I feel the car has digressed in some ways. When I bought, you had a single leather color. Now you have a tri color seat, part of which is suede. Little things like that have made me move on. I'm sure it's still a high quality car, but it's no longer what I crave. I did consider the Avalon hybrid. Very nice interior, but in the end, the value in the Fusion, and its looks, made me take a chance on Ford.

We should all wish Ford success. Even if you decided on a Toyota over a Ford, it's no reason for ill will on Ford. If both have successful offerings, we all win."

A new poster, who ended up spending the extra money and getting the 2013 Avalon Hybrid, appeared today and makes some very good points.

This probably doesn't have to be said, but I sure we'll show respect here to any TCH owners that want to post.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

yeah, dont get me started on the 2009 TCH we had.   The 2010 Fusion was hands down a better car, both the Sport and the Hybrid.  My wife and I hated that Camry.  My horse didnt even like it, he took a bite out of it. 

• machoman1337 likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#3 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Back in December I checked out the Toyota Nation site where they had started a thread on TCH vs FFH. Someone requested imput from a 2013 FFH owner, so I put my 2 cents in while trying to be repectful and impartial. Boy, did I get attacked! I was called a Troll and Fanboy and asked to go away. They even ate one of their own, a 2012 TCH owner that pointed out some areas where the FFH could possibly be better. One post stated the FFH looked like a beached whale.
They are now on their third thread on the subject http://www.toyotanat...y-hybrid-3.html
FusionTX made a great post over the weekend (thank you TX):
"There are many Toyota hybrid owners looking at Ford's offerings. I am one. I own a 2007 TCH and it has been a great car to date. However, to me the Fusion Hybrid offers so many more options than the Camry, and it's not a plain Jane car. It looks amazing. Regardless of how good my Camry has been, I feel the car has digressed in some ways. When I bought, you had a single leather color. Now you have a tri color seat, part of which is suede. Little things like that have made me move on. I'm sure it's still a high quality car, but it's no longer what I crave. I did consider the Avalon hybrid. Very nice interior, but in the end, the value in the Fusion, and its looks, made me take a chance on Ford.

We should all wish Ford success. Even if you decided on a Toyota over a Ford, it's no reason for ill will on Ford. If both have successful offerings, we all win."

A new poster, who ended up spending the extra money and getting the 2013 Avalon Hybrid, appeared today and makes some very good points.

This probably doesn't have to be said, but I sure we'll show respect here to any TCH owners that want to post.

You are welcome B25Nut. Some people seem to have trouble objectively comparing their "recently purchased" car to the new competitor on the block. Something about putting down a competitior makes them feel better about their choice.  And they feed this negativity to reassure themselves. Kind of childish, if you ask me. That's my guess anyway.

• hybridbear likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#4 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I know that one of the best feelings in life is when you know you've made the right choice. It's human nature to want to hang onto that feeling for as long as you can. That affects most people's objectivity and is what I witnessed at Toyota Nation. As I mentioned to them, TCH owners haven't made a bad choice, but there is currently, very likely, a better choice for the majority of drivers.
  • GrySql likes this

#5 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I dont know which are worse, Toyota Fanboys, or Prius pious owners. 

• hybridbear likes this

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

For those who haven't seen it in the News thread, Ford has had record hybrid sales:

http://www.dailyfina...266/?channel=pf

#7 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I dont know which are worse, Toyota Fanboys, or Prius pious owners. 

I saw the South Park episode, I say the Prius ones.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#8 OFFLINE   GreenAussie

GreenAussie

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 26 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Nice post B25Nut, Great quote! ;)

177420.png

#9 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

there is currently, very likely, a better choice for the majority of drivers.

Park 'em side by side, walk around them both, get in and feel the seats and look at the ergonomics.

An objective, non brand bias individual would have a hard time coming to the conclusion that the current TCH is the more appealing and modern car, all without even starting it up.

I'm a first time hybrid owner and did not buy this car to attain some moral superiority and stick my nose in the air at other drivers, nor to drive in the fast lane at the speed limit.

I needed a five passenger car and looked at other cars before I bought this. Frankly, I was not going to get a hybrid until I saw and read about this car.

Okay, it was over hyped by Ford regarding the 'EPA' MPG, mine has a 37.4 average mpg - average, not high and not low but average. 

Think about it, the Fiat 500 gets lower mpg's than this vehicle.

I get trips of outstanding 50 mpg's and at other time it's 'only' 33 mpg going up a long hill - when it is fully broken in I'll expect a little more.

I drive it pretty normal, no longer baby it most of the time, I am happy with the results.

It is fun to drive and it has made my life easier, I am very happy I chose to buy it.

If you want to get 50mpg, try one of these.  :)

While you are there, look at some of the other cars in our history.

Edited by GrySql, 03 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

• B25Nut, HenryVIII, hybridbear and 1 other like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#10 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

G.S. - You have expressed my exact feelings in everything you said. After I test drove the TCH, I parked it next to my FFH. The Toyota saleman was young and had been on the job for less than a month. He came to the same conclusion as you did, G.S, and actually said "maybe I should apply for a job at the Ford dealership". You should have seen his face when he sat in the driver's seat of the Fusion. It was probably the same one he would have sitting in a Corvette.
  • hybridbear and dalesky like this

#11 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

We just stepped out of the FFH after another high speed 200 miler across the entire Los Angeles basin and back, we were relaxed and chatting as we pulled in the driveway.

Just another nice day in the car.  Count me in.

I gotta name this car..... :idea:

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#12 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

No DONT name it!  I made that mistake when I first got it, and look what happened!   Get that thought out of your head! :) 

I drove to Florida and back from IL, and same thing here, the car does ride nice, it also handles snow very well, had 5" on the roads today and it pulled nicely, and this is what is REALLY irking me! I like this car, but the poor MPG just drives me crazy!  

Dont name your car! Wait a year first, Just to be SURE! :D 

• dalesky likes this

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

G.S. - You have expressed my exact feelings in everything you said. After I test drove the TCH, I parked it next to my FFH. The Toyota saleman was young and had been on the job for less than a month. He came to the same conclusion as you did, G.S, and actually said "maybe I should apply for a job at the Ford dealership". You should have seen his face when he sat in the driver's seat of the Fusion. It was probably the same one he would have sitting in a Corvette.

Hahaha :hysterical: I love it! We did an overnight test drive on FFH before buying and then went in our other car to pick up a TCH to test drive. We then parked them next to each other at home and there is no comparison. The 2012 TCH isn't as ugly as the older ones, but it's hideous next to the FFH.

Park 'em side by side, walk around them both, get in and feel the seats and look at the ergonomics.

An objective, non brand bias individual would have a hard time coming to the conclusion that the current TCH is the more appealing and modern car, all without even starting it up.

I'm a first time hybrid owner and did not buy this car to attain some moral superiority and stick my nose in the air at other drivers, nor to drive in the fast lane at the speed limit.

I needed a five passenger car and looked at other cars before I bought this. Frankly, I was not going to get a hybrid until I saw and read about this car.

A big reason why we chose the FFH was the ergonomics. The FFH is so much more comfortable. The seats are more supportive, the door panels and center console are padded, not hard plastic like in the TCH, and the center arm rest is softer too. The FFH is definitely more appealing.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#14 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

The one thing you cant knock Toyota on is the fact that what they state as Fuel economy is pretty much what you will get in them, if not better.  The 09 was rated at 34 and we got 38 in it. The car itself was a POS, even my horse didnt like it, he reached out one day and bit it. 

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ac, I don't know what was wrong with your Camry, but mine has never given me a problem. Well, the water pump had to be replaced, but other than that, no problems. It is fully loaded and quite comfortable for our drives to Florida. It drives very well and has great pickup. My last tank , which I just filled today, was 40 MPG. I went 560 miles and still had two gallons to play with. And it's a 2007.

I am ordering a Fusion, not because The Camry did anything wrong, but because it's a bit ordinary when compared to all you can get in the Fusion. And I'd like to support Ford, even if they are made in Mexico.
  • B25Nut and HenryVIII like this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#16 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

And I'd like to support Ford, even if they are made in Mexico.

I support the fact that the car is made in Mexico...this is not an economics forum, but why not outsource the manufacturing, most Americans don't want those jobs anyway. The American economy has shifted to a knowledge economy. I'm happier buying a Ford because I know that the design and R&D were at least mostly done in the US. Those are the jobs that we don't want to lose to offshoring, but why not send the manufacturing jobs outside the borders of the US. Doing so gets a lower cost product to consumers while keeping the higher paying jobs in the US. At least that's my thought...

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Ac, I don't know what was wrong with your Camry, but mine has never given me a problem. Well, the water pump had to be replaced, but other than that, no problems. It is fully loaded and quite comfortable for our drives to Florida. It drives very well and has great pickup. My last tank , which I just filled today, was 40 MPG. I went 560 miles and still had two gallons to play with. And it's a 2007.

I am ordering a Fusion, not because The Camry did anything wrong, but because it's a bit ordinary when compared to all you can get in the Fusion. And I'd like to support Ford, even if they are made in Mexico.

The one I had was not the higher end one with leather and nav, but the basic one with cloth. The material was very thin, when I pressed my hand on the middle front of the seat I could feel the springs. The Sunroof would stick and would not close at times. It was noisy, and the dash rattled.  My biggest beef was the center stack lighting, it couldnt be dimmed or shut off, and on dark nights when its foggy out, I had to turn the entire dash off to be able to see.  It had a soft spongy ride, and the regen brakes would cut out after about 7  highway miles while slowing to a stop, leaving us feeling like the  car surged forward and we hit the brakes harder causing the car to stop much faster throwing us forward.  Very unnerving.

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

A TCH owner posted this on the TN site:
"Now you're making me feel even more buyer's remorse. I really liked the FFH but in the end, I chose the TCH because of proven technology and because the FFH's fuel economy ratings turned out to not be based in the real world. I'm not at all saying that the TCH is a bad car but I just don't feel a connection to it that I have with other cars."
I think most of us here feel an emotional connection with our FFH. The vast majority of TCH owners don't get that.
  • acdii, HenryVIII, hybridbear and 1 other like this

#19 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Agreed. As good as the Avalon, but a whole lot less expensive. The TCH just doesn't compare, it is a much nicer car than it was in 09, but cant hold a candle to the new Fusion.

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I also don't understand the bitterness between brand fanatics. There is room for all of the different models, everyone wants something different in his/her own vehicles, and we should buy what most appeals to us. My dad drives a Prius, and I personally don't care for it, but he absolutely LOVES it. And even he admitted that my FFH was amazing.

The reasons I chose the FFH over the TCH is because:

1. Toyota does not offer the luxury options like BLIS, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Departure, etc.

2. TCH interior materials do not feel to me to be of the same quality as the FFH, especially the horrible faux wood on the console.

3. I see hundreds of Camrys every single day, both Hybrid and ICE. I like to have a vehicle that everyone doesn't have.

4. When I drove the TCH, the cutover between EV and ICE was very evident; the engine seemed to surge between formats.  The cutover in the FFH is practically imperceptible (unless the windows are open and the audible running of the gas engine is audible.)

5. The Ford dealer pointed out the positive points of the Fusion to try to sell it to me, while the Toyota dealer criticized the Fusion.

To anyone who purchased the Camry, I wish you good luck and hope you are happy with your choice. For me, the Fusion was the only choice.

• B25Nut, fusionTX, HenryVIII and 4 others like this

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·