mcgibbaa

Efficiency Leaves vs. Climate

Only the Lincoln has flowers. See what an extra 10K can get you! :) Electronic flowers! WOOHOO

Or you can take the extra 10K and plant a whole lot of real flowers and trees to do some real good for the environment. ;-)

You are on the long list of owners who want the same thing. I thought the newer models had at least the graph added to the right screen, or maybe that was something that was in the pipeline to be done.

You are on the long list of owners who want the same thing. I thought the newer models had at least the graph added to the right screen, or maybe that was something that was in the pipeline to be done.

The MPG history graph is available on the right side with the 2015s. Would be nice if the MyView display was available on the right side. Seems like that would go a long way to giving us the flexibility we would like.

Does anyone know if the right side display functionality introduced with the '15's will be available as an update to the '14's?

I'd like to at a glance see my DTE along with miles traveled since last fuel up.

I doubt if new/changed function like this would be made available as an update for earlier models.

I have four flowers. Only one is big. I thought that they would grow, but apparently not.

I got the last one over a thousand miles ago. My current mileage is about 8200.

What's your total mileage?

5 glorious flowers @ 18385.4 miles. Only 1 big one, and various sizes for the other 4. :)

After this discussion, I think I'll stick with the FFH on my next purchase... ;)

Flower hater eh? Bet you are great fun on Valentines Day!! ;)

Curious. What's your lifetime mpg? I'm at 38.8 and still climbing, albeit quite slowly. I would imagine that the more miles I put on will make the rate of increase slow even more. My mpg on fill ups is now generally in the low to mid 40's, depending on how many trips we make to Vegas. I'm now getting some of the best mpg since the weather is quite moderate here. For the past week or so, it is in the low to mid 70's for a high, and the forecast calls for more of the same for the next ten days or so. I believe because the a/c doesn't have to work as hard as in the summer, and the ICE doesn't have to run on start up for heat, that my mpgs will be really good for a while. On a trip to town (Pahrump) the other day I got 56mpg.

My lifetime readout is useless as the car has been hard reset a few times. My average lifetime as per Automotive Wolf is 35.7 mpg. Not bad considering the extremes in weather in my area (0 to 112 deg F) and my 10 - 25 mile "daily" commute @ 75 MPH. :)

To me, the leaves are just like "live wallpaper." Without a Sirius subscription, or a destination programmed into the nav (compass is dumb), those other screens are useless to me. Of course, leaves are useless, too, but not irritating to me, so that's what I usually choose...

I'd like to see a pic of the MKZh flowers for reference. The Focus Electric has butterflies instead of efficiency leaves.

Here ya go!

post-11819-0-54020700-1424290235_thumb.jpg

The leaves come and go just like on the FFH, but the Flowers stay. Theoretically. I could swear I have lost a budding flower at least once. Maybe. :)

Edit: Replaced bad picture with much better one! :)

Edited by SteveB_TX