gimmieMPG

Titanium hybrid 6-9 months

I just ordered my hybrid SE last week. What I really wanted was the Titanium hybrid but the dealership told me it would be 6-9 month wait because they had so many back orders. Has anyone else been told this? I wouldn't think they would be making this up since they would make more money selling me the Titanium hybrid.

I will be talking to my rep today (hopefully) to order a Titanium hybrid. I will let you know what she says. I am willing to wait .... :)

I just ordered my hybrid SE last week. What I really wanted was the Titanium hybrid but the dealership told me it would be 6-9 month wait because they had so many back orders. Has anyone else been told this? I wouldn't think they would be making this up since they would make more money selling me the Titanium hybrid.

From a plant that makes about 1,000 vehicles a day of varying trim levels (S, SE, Titanium, SE Hybrid, Titanium Hybrid, SE Energi, Titanium Energi) doesn't it sound a bit far-fetched that Ford can work in the scheduling on all these other trims but somehow can't handle Titanium Hybrids for 6-9 months? Are you sure that dealer isn't just making a grand statement in order to get you to settle for something that's currently on their lot or currently inbound for dealer stock?

I will be beyond angry if this is true. I wouldn't put it past the dealer to have lied to try to make the sale.

Edited by Riggo

Here in Houston, dealerships re sitting with plenty of S and SE trims, yet there is a scarcity of Hybrids.

I would think Ford would try to build as many hybrids as they can, including the titaniums.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jeff_h" data-cid="41508" data-time="1359477526"><p>

<br />

From a plant that makes about 1,000 vehicles a day of varying trim levels (S, SE, Titanium, SE Hybrid, Titanium Hybrid, SE Energi, Titanium Energi) doesn't it sound a bit far-fetched that Ford can work in the scheduling on all these other trims but somehow can't handle Titanium Hybrids for 6-9 months? Are you sure that dealer isn't just making a grand statement in order to get you to settle for something that's currently on their lot or currently inbound for dealer stock?</p></blockquote>

That's the thing, I special ordered my SE anyway after they told me about the 6-9 month wait. They said it would be roughly 8 weeks to get my SE. They said the order manager called ford and they told them this. I am frustrated but I don't see any reason lying to me would benefit them. I would be paying 2K more for the Titanium.

I'd think they'd want to make the sale as soon as possible as most of their income (the sales person) comes from bs fees and other items. I don't think the $2k difference in price would make that much of a difference to the salesperson. Hopefully they are wrong about the timeframe or I'll be really upset. I'm still holding out hope from what I've heard when I've talked to those at Ford corporate (first quarter of 2013) which would be March at the latest.

Oh we'll, there isn't a lot of difference in the SE that I got from the Titanium except for the ambient lighting and six more speakers; I also like the look of the seat pattern beter. I was just looking down the road for resale value because in time options don't matter as much but the style does.

My dealer said it would be 2 months before I could order the Titanium Hybrid (after telling me to come in and order it). I'm thinking of going the other way now and getting an SE with just the appearance package, tech, moon, and Nav. I'd be spending $5k less with Ford.

I just ordered my Titanium Hybrid yesterday. The dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks till delivery. We shall see if it comes that quick. I really hope so!

IMO Ford's pushing to get the Fusion Energi out before the Accord PIEV hits, that way they can get a little of a Market share from early adopters. In doing so they've probably pushed our HyTi Trim out a couple weeks. I HIGHLY doubt it will be more than another week or two before we start seeing builds scheduled for the Hybrid Ti's, I'm hoping that mine's the first one off the line but I'd be happy to see any of your cars scheduled as well!!

According to the Marketing Mgr for the Fusion at Ford, the Energi is building now and the Ti Hybrid will start soon.

No idea what soon means.

6 to 9 month wait? Might as well wait for he 2014 model to come out lol!

I would go to another dealer.

According to the Marketing Mgr for the Fusion at Ford, the Energi is building now and the Ti Hybrid will start soon. No idea what soon means.

I hope you're correct. Where did you get that reference?

6 to 9 month wait? Might as well wait for he 2014 model to come out lol!

I would go to another dealer.

The 2014 Order Bank will be open in that time frame. It opened in June for the SE and October for the Hybrid Ti.

IMO Ford's pushing to get the Fusion Energi out before the Accord PIEV hits, that way they can get a little of a Market share from early adopters. In doing so they've probably pushed our HyTi Trim out a couple weeks. I HIGHLY doubt it will be more than another week or two before we start seeing builds scheduled for the Hybrid Ti's, I'm hoping that mine's the first one off the line but I'd be happy to see any of your cars scheduled as well!!

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-plug-in/

This is the competition.

Not much competition, did you buyild one out yet? No options, and 3 colors. You get what you get. The fully loaded TiEn is only 1K or so more, with many more options. You cant even get real leather in the Honda.

I ordered a Titanium Hybrid about 3 weeks ago. I was told by the dealership that production on the Titaniums started earlier that week, and that I should expect mine by March. Not sure if that information is any more valid than what others were told though...

I'm not a fan at all of that Honda center console, something about it really bugs me. It's too cluttered looking. The EPA gas mileage looks good, although we know how that worked out with the Fusion Hybrid.

Maybe I should cancel my Hybrid Ti order and get this instead. When does it come out?

I don't know any exact dates, but from what seems to be in the Forum references -- soon.