I was thinking the exact same thing Waldo. Adding 2" padding on top is a lot safer than stilting on bolts.

Doesnt the MKZ have a 10 way passenger seat? If so then the height adjustment wouldnt be a factor. I know what you are saying, but that would also vary greatly on the height of the seat in the vehicle for most of those points. In any case the seat belt position wouldnt change in the vehicle.

Also when you think about it, a 2" padding for a skinny person wouldn't be any different than no padding for a fat person with a BIG butt! :)

but 2" pad for a person with a Huge butt?.......

Anyone have the avail. Date/timeframe for the 10-Way passenger seat availability. I've been able to confirm its coming to the 2014 Fusion (Titanium for sure, but if Fordis smart about it, they'll offer it to SE models too so they don't grab bad press about shutting out the majority of their buyers, which buy a lot more SE models. So, in addition to avoiding bad press, they can sell more of them too.) This is the only reason I have not bought the Fusion is the low sitting non-height adjustable passenger front seat (really poor planning by the engineers for the 2013 redesign).

The 2014's are already starting to show up on dealer lots, but 'late availability' on the passenger seat 'fix' (10-way front passenger seat), I don't know exactly when 'late availability' is. Honestly, they really don't need to offer the whole 10-way, it's nice, but all that's lacking is height adjustment of passenger seat. so, a non power height adjustable version would be a good alternative too, but I have only seen and confirmed their is a 10-way electric front passenger seat coming to Titanium build as an option (part No. 46B).

Edited by seascape

10-way power driver's seat with power lumbar and 4-way power passenger seat with power recline with 4-way adjustable head restraints.

Either they didnt update the web page, or they lied to us again.

The new passenger seat is one of those "late availability" items. Last week I built a 2014 on the Ford site and it had an Interiior Light Kit as an option for the SE. I e-mailed Ford thanking them for listening to us. The next day the option was gone from the site. I should have kept my mouth shut.

So You're the one to blame!

The wife's biggest complaint about the passenger seat is that the seat belt tries to decapitate her every time she rides in my car. (She is 5'4") She has to hold the belt down in order for it to not go across her neck, and yes the belt has been adjusted all the way down.