jeff_h

I 'really love' Ford, and I 'really love' my dealer?

I took delivery 18 days ago, and today in my email I got the link for the expected post-purchase survey from Ford.

And a side note on that, since my dealer was especially adamant that if I didn't feel that I had reason to rate them in the highest category on any attribute, to PLEASE let them know so they could make it right, as customer satisfaction (and thus, their dealer rating) is very important to them. So I guess this 'report card' grade is really important to them, I don't know what it affects in the way of their daily business or if it has any affect on their future allocations, that stuff is all beyond me -- but for those who are currently working with their dealers on a given issue (or looking for info on your order/re-order, build, and shipment and the dealer is exhibiting a 'DILLIGAS' attitude), it may be worthwhile to remember that your dealer probably also places its rating in high regard and so if you need to mention this in order to flex your consumer muscle a little, maybe that's a good thing based on your situation. I never needed to, as my dealer was great from first contact.

Anyway, back to the reason for my post, So I went onto the survey and it had the expected ratings attributes for things like being greeted by the dealer and being treated with respect, appearance of the showroom, salesperson's knowledge of the vehicle, offer to finance, and on and on. I think this was the part where my dealer was adamant about getting the highest grades, and that's what I marked in all of those attributes in the main section.

But then the last section was to rate the level of concurrence (highly agree down to highly disagree, etc) with your thoughts/feelings on Ford and your dealer. The two questions that caught my attention was the level of agreement with the statement of "I really love Ford" and then "I really love my dealer". And for the guys whose cars have been sitting in Hermosillo since October, well have at it on those questions! But I just thought it was strange to be presented with questions like that, as is this looking for self-identied sycophants? Just seemed strange to see the questions asked like that,,, I would have gone back and copied/pasted the questions into a post here, but the PIN used to get into the survey now says sorry it's already been answered and then there's no choice to exit.

So for any that get their survey link soon, be ready to get asked to profess your 'love'... good luck.

Edited by jeff_h

I SO much want to RIP Ford a new one, I mean REALLY rip them up.

My sales guy (I ask him specifically what he gets out of the survey) said he personally gets a small bonus from Ford and

the results of the survey affect it. Good, I want him to make money. And I agree, I'd like to tell the truth so they can fix

the one minor issue I've had - still unresolved - no keycode for the Intelligent Access remotes. The dealer could

easily get this for me if he wanted.

As always has been the case when I buy a car, the sales guy will always says "whatever you need after the sale, please

call me, I'll fix anything. Any issues that you would not give me a 10 across the board, I want to know about it." - any

they basically never care if they talk with you again, they've never helped me with any minor issue.

So I don't know what I'll do when I get the survey. Still will call the dealership about this code, mild prodding for some

answer, but will not go beyond that.

See, now my dealer is just the opposite, if there is an issue that could affect their rating, they WILL work to get it resolved. Whats funny though, I bought 3 vehicles from them in the past 16 months, and not once have I received a survey.

That is a positive good news story, HB. Establishing a good working relationship with the service manager and your service writer usually results in a better service experience. All too often these guys only hear from the customer when they are angry or upset. Having worked in a service role I know it is gratifying when you from hear from a happy customer.

My favorite service writer reluctantly left (transferred) to the sister Mazda dealership and when he was able to return he called to let me know he was back. It was a nice personal touch.

Edited by Texasota