jeff_h

Oil Change Info for 2013+ Hybrid/Energi

oh, so chiseling the groove for them in the concrete wasn't such a great idea? :)

I just bought my FFH last month...I am a DiY'er. When I asked the salseman about changing the oil he said to me that I should be very careful because of the...as he put it "High Voltage wires" then can electrocute you if touched. I laughed to myself about that, and did not want to emabarass him in front of my wife.

Since I am near the mileage for an oil change (I drive a lot)...has anyone heard of any safety precasautions for doing any general maintenance with regardds to the Hybrid system?

I just bought my FFH last month...I am a DiY'er. When I asked the salseman about changing the oil he said to me that I should be very careful because of the...as he put it "High Voltage wires" then can electrocute you if touched. I laughed to myself about that, and did not want to emabarass him in front of my wife.

Since I am near the mileage for an oil change (I drive a lot)...has anyone heard of any safety precasautions for doing any general maintenance with regardds to the Hybrid system?

You get your first oil change free at the purchasing dealership. Id use it, its free after all.

I could have sworn that was a Ford program and the dealer who sold u the car was the only one who could it to get the credit

Just looked on the owner advantage rewards website. When you purchase a vehicle and it gets registered ford puts a free oil change on that vehicle for use only at the purchasing dealership. So it is something you get free as a reward from ford for purchasing.

Did your dealership register you for it? I got my cards about 3 weeks after purchasing direct from ford and they mentioned my free oil change. But i got everything included till 50k miles so ill get that one after the 50k change i guess.

I guess that would make sense than. Only the big truck dealership here isnt a member of that and I figured that was because they couldnt sell regular vehicles just SUVs and trucks.

Some vehicles aren't designed for synthetic.. A good example of that is the new power stroke. I asked my dealership here and they said they would get in trouble for putting full synthetic if something happened under warranty. Don't know the reasoning

Diesels tend to consume some oil, and maybe the full synthetics cause issues with the injectors and emissions post exhaust.

As far as I know the new 6.7 doesn't. If anything a little diesel gets into the oil. It filled a 15qt oil pan than some when I changed the oil.

I ran Shell Rotella in the 7.3, and got 10K between changes, could have gone longer with a remote filter setup. From that experience going synthetic would have been a waste. With the bypass filter setup and full synthetic, you can only get about 20K, but at more than twice the price of the dino, which could see 15K with the bypass.

In the gas engines though, going full synthetic is well worth the price. I'm considering Royal Purple for the next oil change on the Flex, but sticking with Motorcraft semi on the HyTi, it doesn't run hard enough to warrant it.

DIY 8500 first change.

Oil looked dirty, but not black.

Motorcraft oil filter and semi syn oil. Just to keep it warranty aligned..

The undermotor cover came off pretty easy,, But raising the car with a hydralic jack was a pain.. The bottom has few jack points and the FFH is very low to the ground.

Ramps would be best.

If I could get a discounted oil change next time. I probably will.