jeff_h

Oil Change Info for 2013+ Hybrid/Energi

I printed out jeff_h's oil change guide from the original post just to follow along as they did the work. Thanks Jeff!

This was my tech's second '13 FFH so he was up on the procedures.

Besides the Torx screws my car has two additional 'clips' on the outboard front sides of the panel, removed by a screwdriver slipped under them.

Yeah I also had the two plastic clips on mine, and after messing with them with the screwdriver for 1-2 minutes trying to get them loose figured what the heck are these needed for when there are almost a dozen torx screws holding this thing up, figured they were clips used in assembly to quickly put the shield in place and then install the screws. So after those couple minutes one of the clips came right off and the other would not come off so I just busted the clip off, said no way I'm gonna mess with these stinkin' things every time.

OK sitting at my dealer waiting on the Lady in Red getting her oil changed.

Nice part it's complementary;

Which dealer did you get it from? Mchenry, or woodstock?

LOL I was there today checking out a Cmax Energi! The gray one had a dead battery, so looked at a white one, just posted a thread on it too.

The sales guy though sounded like he really didnt want to sell me an Energi, quoting it takes 12 hours to charge and that you need a $4000 charger if you want to charge it faster, and kept saying that they could not sell enough Energi to pay for the charging stations they had to install.

He gave me a brochure for the Cmax, and when I looked at it later found it didn't have anything on the Energi. He gave me the wrong one. He sold my Father in law a Cmax, and my FIL has been buying from them for decades.

He also said they could only have 5 Cmax Energi and 5 Fusion Energi for the year. Which means, even if they sold everyone they could get, they could not sell enough to pay for their fancy chargers. IOW MSRP or higher or go walk. I never had a good vibe with that dealership even if my FIL bought from them since the day they opened.

Is the standard oil change of the 2013 Fusion Semi-Synthetic motorocraft oil?

i.e., if I get "The Works", is that what Ford recommends and what I'll get?

With the oil change interval now at 10k, I was wondering if they might have changed this?

I haven't dug that far into the manual.

Is the standard oil change of the 2013 Fusion Semi-Synthetic motorocraft oil?

i.e., if I get "The Works", is that what Ford recommends and what I'll get?

With the oil change interval now at 10k, I was wondering if they might have changed this?

I haven't dug that far into the manual.

Page 301 - Engine oil 4, 5 4.5 qt (4.3 L)

- Motorcraft® SAE 5W-20 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (U.S.)

- Motorcraft® SAE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil (U.S.)

- Motorcraft® SAE 5W-20 Super Premium Motor Oil (Canada)

- Motorcraft® SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil (Canada)

I changed my oil in the 2013 FFH for the first time today, here are a couple points that will interest those who change their own oil.

- Gone are the thick plastic covers for the drain plug and oil filter from the 2010 that needed a 7mm and 10mm socket/nut driver to remove. Now there is a large cover (for airflow/sound) that is about 3' x 4' (approx of course) and goes under the entire engine, and is secured by 11 Torx T30 screws. So be sure you have one of these T30s on hand before you start, or you will be backing down off the ramps again to run to the auto store. Actually there are two other airflow/sound covers on the underside that are about 2' x 6' each and go down the length of the car on each side of the exhaust.

- Drain plug is 15mm (whereas the 2010 was 13mm) and is facing to the rear of the engine, so I assume that a car sitting level or on ramps would both be good for draining.

- Oil Filter is about the same place as the 2010, in front and easily accessible, points straight down.

- 2013 FFH takes 4.5 quarts as shown in the owner's manual, which is a different amount than is noted for the various engine sizes in the conventional Fusions (which all have different amounts based on each engine type). Oil filler cap specifies 5W-20 which is also noted in the owner's manual.[/quote

I apologize, what's a T30?]

Changed the oil today, thanks for all the info!! I had the 9 torx screws and the 2 rectangle clips. Hardest part was getting the car on jack stands. I will have a better way next time. Jacking up one side at a time was way time consuming. Next time I'll try to take the underside cover off first, then use my floor jack on the front metal bar.( under the cover ).

Get a set of low profile ramps.

Drive on.

Change oil.

Drive off.

I have set of those, cant get the car up them, the buggers keep moving! LOL Some great mind thought, hey why should we put rubber feet on the, they wont go anywhere. Yeah...........right.