mrobinso8

Dead 12 Volt Battery - 2013 Fusion Hybrid

Seems Ford got a bunch of bad batteries. Wonder what else they got that were bad besides batteries and headlights.

Seems Ford got a bunch of bad batteries. Wonder what else they got that were bad besides batteries and headlights.

Bad batteries, or regular batteries that sat in TBD-land for too long? I wonder how long the OP's car took from build to delivery?

I was at my dealer today. They were busy clearing the snow and had to move all the cars, and had to jump start quite a few of them.

The ICE of these cars in "P" with the car "on" only runs about %15 of the time with the HVAC off. They put out very little CO and having it run a total of 10 minutes every hour you are playing with it in a garage is probably not a problem. It is hard to gas yourself with modern cars. Crack the garage door a little if you are worried.

Sounds like it. I do believe Ford received a load of batteries that are not doing well. There were a couple cars on the dealers lot that had dead batteries, and they just received them.

Someone mentioned elsewhere, short trip, low ICE time could lead to dead battery. Makes sense too, if you drive short trips and dont use a lot of ICE, the battery doesnt have a chance to recharge for the time it is used to power lights, radio, HVAC and such.