GrySql

Shiny black center console and scratches

I never would have thought about this. But I guess I'm the only person in my car...I don't have children so the car will show little signs of wear over the years ...the car I traded in had over 100k miles and it still looked like it did when I got it. Anyways,the Prius had shiny cup holders that you had to flip open to use and other shiny parts. I never noticed any scratches. Trust me I would have notice I'm very OCD with thing like that.

I can't recall getting any dings in that shiny area on the Prius either, and I had the travel mug every day... so unless something sharp gouges into that area, let's hope this is pretty resilient with everyday use.

Keep it clean with microfiber, and wax it with a non abrasive wax(or Zaino).

YEP!

Maybe that is why I trade off my cars when the warranty expires.......

NO DONT DO THAT! The acetone in the nail polish would destroy the plastic. I have used plastic polish to clean up the plastic on the doors, which is pretty much the same material on the center console.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional/products/m1008-clear-plastic-polish/

Give this or something like this a try. Zaino makes a polish, which is what I used, called Z-PC, and they also make one specifically for plastic.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-14&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=17

At least you didnt find out a year after getting the car that it's entire passenger side had been repainted. Talk about a WTF moment! What caught my eye was a fisheye on the right front fender, and thought, well thats odd to see on a factory finish. So then I started looking at the rest of the car, and sure enough found the tape lines inside the door jambs from a respray. Had it not been for that one fisheye, I never would have known.

They did, except for that one fisheye on top of the right fender. I found it when I was claying the car and getting it prepped for polish. Color match was perfect, which leads me to believe it was done before it arrived at the dealership. The tape lines around the door jambs was the only tell, and had the prepped it to the inside of the jambs where the trim is, I never would have been able to find out.

I took a photo of the fisheye, but it doesnt show up, have to see it at just the right angle and light level, but here is the tape line. Great color match. Cant wait until it warms up to where I can clean and shine this puppy up.

544532_520791684629637_1368018945_n.jpg

a good plastic polish can clean them up. The Flex has them all around the windows, same thing happens with scratches.