coach81

Any experience with Lloyd Velourtex Mats?

Priced out a set for Sylvia (my baby girl) and they look pretty nice, any one have any experience with them?

Well since I purchased both the "premium" and all-weather mats for my car and found that neither have adequate coverage for the driver's area, I have an order placed for some type of Lloyds mats (email receipt says 'Lloyd Mats RubberTite Rubber Floor Mats') that were $50 from autoanything... figured I'd sunk enough $$$ into mats and just wanted something basic that I could use for the driver's area since that is already getting grubbed up after just one week. So I should have them soon and will give some feedback on them. I would say that they may not be as good due to the "you get what you pay for" principle, but I've already blown a lot more on the Ford ones and the driver's mats are useless to me.

I bought Lloyd mats for my corvette. They were very high quality and would buy them again.

The mats I bought were not the all weather type. It's a good company.

Jeff and coach - let us know how they work out. Thanks.

I got the shipping notice yesterday, should have them next week and pics will be shortly after that...

Can't wait to see them. Thinking about getting some for the front. Not sure about the real since it will seldom be used.

I've got two for the front coming in.. I did not get any for the back.. did not think it would be needed. I will post pics and impressions when they arrive.

I have ordered a front set too. Should be here by end of this week or early next week.

Ughhhh, now I have THREE sets of floor mats where none of them fully cover the driver's area! And I am not too fond of the pattern either, look like "Bubble Bobble" mats.... the bubbles are a bit more pronounced than they looked on the web site's pic.

They are not as shown in the picture on the autoanything web site, so I've just sent them an email telling them I need to return the mats.

So now I need to look around at other posts and get either the WeatherTech or Husky, that is *IF* they really do cover the entire driver's area.

Edited by jeff_h

From what I have seen and heard they will - Weathertech.

Sorry the Lloyd mats didn't work out.

Ughhhh, now I have THREE sets of floor mats where none of them fully cover the driver's area! And I am not too fond of the pattern either, look like "Bubble Bobble" mats.... the bubbles are a bit more pronounced than they looked on the web site's pic.

They are not as shown in the picture on the autoanything web site, so I've just sent them an email telling them I need to return the mats.

[img=http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/public/style_images/zuzuskin/attachicon.gif] Lloyd_Mats_Jan2013.jpg

So now I need to look around at other posts and get either the WeatherTech or Husky, that is *IF* they really do cover the entire driver's area.

I ordered the cloth ones. I hope they are better than the ones you got.

I ordered the cloth ones. I hope they are better than the ones you got.

I just ordered the LLoyd's Ultimat carpet model for the front.

Will let you all know how it works out when they arrive, in a week or so.

I sent the Ford Premium carpet mats back, they were very disappointing.

Edited by GrySql

My LLyod's are due to come in Monday... I will give my impressions...

Here are the pics and my thoughts:

Passenger side.. good coverage.. I like it:

IMG 0702

Driver side.. a good upgrade from the standard ones. Still not as good as I'd hoped, but will do for now:

IMG 0700

Still not as good as I'd hoped, but will do for now:

My feeling exactly.

My Lloyd's Ultimat carpets showed up today from AutoAnything and I was not too impressed.

Coach, which model LLoyd mats did you purchase?

Mine do not look like the fancy 'quality' pictures of the Ultimat on AutoAnything's website, they look cheaper.

Nor do they have the same shape of the 'example' diagram as shown on the website.

If this is the 'best' mat Lloyd's can come up with they should be ashamed, especially for what they charge for them.

These are about 1/3 thicker than the Ford OEM and have a nice non-skid backing, it is an improvement but not by much.

However, I am tired of sending things back and losing shipping and re-stocking fees, so as you say 'they'll do for now'.

The driver's side mat's shape sure shows the industry-wide paranoia about getting the accelerator pedal caught on the carpet and jamming the throttle.

They do use Ford's double post securing system and most certainly won't move around.

The top is the Ford OEM driver's side mat, the bottom is the new Lloyd's Ultimat,

Mats_zps491ed76f.jpg