GrySql

Wireless, MFT, 3.5.1, SYNC and now 3.6.2

The wireless is a hotspot amplifier. Basically if your phone can act as a modem the MFT will setup a wireless hotspot for laptops to use. Nice feature, when it works. If you have a USB 4GLTE card, you can plug it into one of the USB jacks and connect to 4G then use the mobile hotspot for more than one laptop. This is good if your passengers like to watch Netflix on a long drive.

I dont know about when it will do it, but you program the car to use the USB dongle like you would on a laptop. I have used it as a repeater from my home AP, and it worked good. Kind of useless for that purpose though since You have to be in range of the AP to use it, so would your laptop or phone.

That is carrier dependent, of on Verizon, forget it, you wont be able to. AT&T though, if you have that package will let you do it.

the 4 with iOS 6 works OK. Mine doesn't have Siri, so maybe thats why it works, no conflict of interest between the ladies.

Heck the MFT in general wasn't ready for prime time! When you look at car reviews for Ford, most of the marks against them are the MFT. The one I had was the older version and the WIFi worked fine, and my PSK are complex(gee CCSP go figure), however, it really is useless to use it at home, considering, um, I am at home?