wmpwi

Antenna or not?

Mine only took 10 days order to receive. It's cause ya'll waited and now the guy is backlogged... :)

I ordered as soon as I knew such a thing existing as I wanted this thing 2 years ago for my 2010.

I meant you want to do this ASAP when you get the car as any way to paint salant, like I put on

will interfere with the adhesion of the Sharkfin. Once on the car, Blackfire sealant I used bonds

with the paint and the Sharkfin painted surface.

No, of course every car has clear-coat sealant on the paint, don't want to take that off ;-)

But I am talking about any additional wax or additional sealant you might add - don't want to

get that adhered before the Sharkfin if you can help it. He has a way to take it off with a 3M prep, but

you want to avoid that if possible. I just washed the car first and then prepped with isopropyl

alcohol.

Don't people wax or seal their cars (especially when brand new?). The expensive paint sealant

the dealer wanted to charge for, can be had for $20-$30 and is simple easy to use and will

protect the paint from all sorts of environmental hazards (thinking bird doo-doo). Judging by the

cars I see in a typical parking lot, I would have to bet 50% of people drive their cars off the lots

and never do anything to the paint surface. Seems that way... Of course today's paints and

clearcoats are way better than years ago. But most people aren't nuts like we are.

Guess that answers that question. I kind of like the pig tail sticking off my roof.

HD Radio is a funny thing anyway. I really have not had any problems I can detect.

I doubt he did anything wrong.

Do make sure when you install it that the S/F does not touch any part of the base.

Use a screwdriver to tighten the washer attached to the S/F antenna wire firmly,

but not too tight. Test your radio function before securing it while the car

is stationary.