wmpwi

Antenna or not?

I did my Sharkfin install today and have to say it was very easy to do, if you we're thinking about it, I recommend it.

The appearance improvement is great.

To install, I made a square cutout that was easier for me than just the tape. I tapeed this cardboard cutout and could tweak

it in to place. Once stuck, it sticks like iron and will not move. only mistake I made was leaving about 2" of backing I missed

in peeling off, but I got it off with a piece of plastic and had no issues sticking it. Will not move and reception is fine. even

washed and waxed car after with no issues, that thing ain't going anywhere. With that square cutout image,

the Sharkfin fits perfectly inside and not possible to move or shift. With just the tape as in

the instructions, it seemed like it could move too easily while trying to stick it.

post-4175-0-55263500-1367100615_thumb.jpg

Yes exactly that. Is a prefect square that the sharkfin fits inside exactly and will not move.

Position the frame over the antenna base exactly and eyeball it. Then secure with tape

and put sharkfin inside for final position. It will not move and then I removed backing to attach the antenna.

I cut the frame using a piece of stiff cardboard and a T-Square and pencil. Cut it with a drop blade

so it was perfectly square and then square a piece at the back to lock it into the frame.

With tape alone as he instructs, it just felt to me it could move too easily at the last instant.

Probably depends on the tape you use, but the tape I had was slick and the Sharfin slid off

it too easily. Worked great and I highly recommend it.

Really makes the look of the car. Here is the final picture I just took.

The color match was dead-on exact. I think I read it is painted by a body shop so it should match

and hopefully it will last too. The guy who makes these clearly knows what he is doing.

If you're thinking about this thing, it really is very easy if you take your time. Then put sealant on

the car afterwards.

sharkfin final install

Edited by smr2112