Sign in to follow this  
TnDave

Nice to meet you all Titanium Hybrid ordered 11/06

Hello All,

It's great to meet you all. I have been reading these forums here since November. I just want to thank each of you for posting on these forums. I have never owned a Hybrid car before, and I've already learned a great deal from all the very informative posts on these forums. Reading the posts has really helped me deal with the waiting peroid.

I ordered my Titanium Hybrid on 11/06/12. I do not have a build date yet. My dealer thinks he will have the VIN and build date soon.

I tried to add the adaptive cruise control and the dealer is telling me it's too late. I really don't understand this since the car doesn't have a build date. He is telling me that they've already pulled the car for production, but again how can this be possible without a build date? He is going to try again to add the adaptive cruise control on monday if possible. It won't be a deal breaker for me as it's my fault for opting out of this feature when I ordered. One other thing he is going to check on is if the illuminated door sill plates are on my order. I wasn't sure if this is standard on the titanium hybrid, but my dealer seems to think it will come with the titanium hybrid. If the illuminated door sill plates are not on my order he said the dealership can add it after the car arrives.

Again nice to meet you all and I'm really looking forward to getting this car, and reading about each of you receiving your cars. I think it will be well worth the wait.

One other thing he is going to check on is if the illuminated door sill plates are on my order. I wasn't sure if this is standard on the titanium hybrid, but my dealer seems to think it will come with the titanium hybrid. If the illuminated door sill plates are not on my order he said the dealership can add it after the car arrives.

Welcome aboard..

FYI for anyone that hasn't found it yet, on the Ford site they now have an updated PDF brochure that includes both all trims for SE/Titanium Hybrid and SE/Titanium Energi. If you select the hybrid or the energi it will say "brochure not available for this vehicle", which I guess is due to the selections being redundant now that all models are in the same brochure.

So if you select the PDF for the Fusion, you will see some info for all trims and maybe provide some more info for you -- good luck.

http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013

TriDave,

From what I gather your dealer should be able to alter/amend your order prior to it being scheduled.

Both Elle (another awaiting a HyTi) changed our orders ... she for color, me to add the moonroof (wife request).

As to the sill plates - from what I gather they aren't illuminated but they can be ungraded ti illuminated post factory production at the dealer. Not sure of the total cost but rumored to run ~$300 (with parts ~$150 on the Ford sites, seems awfully exorbitant for labor to me).

Haven't yet seen or heard whether the wiring to place the illuminated sill bulb comes in place from the factory (and thus a much cheaper/trouble free install) or has to threaded into position (a bit more difficult).

If you hear - please post. I doubt it is in the cards for me. Lit up sill plates would be neat sure, but not for ~$200-300 in my opinion.

I would also like to see the drink holders lit with the interior amnient lighting package - rumor is they aren't. Again - curious if the wiring, bulb housing comes from the factory (wishful thinking) or has to be run/installed at the dealer to meet the specs of the accessory ambient lighting package.

Appear being the operative word.

Seems. for Ford, much can change between brochure publication and actual production.

Appear being the operative word.

Seems. for Ford, much can change between brochure publication and actual production.

Yes, I was very careful in my wording :)

I like the part in the brochure titled Electronics on page 14 it mentions 'Rear-Seat Entertainment System' and shows a picture of the remote start key fob.

Edited by wmpwi

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your Hybrid Titanium. I'm looking into purchasing one in the near future.

I've been making a big stink about the Titanium Base 18in wheels here: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5845-for-2013-fusion-hybrid-titanium-buyers-and-future-buyers/.

I'm not certain if you feel the same way as I do about the wheels. However, I feel that I should bring it to your attention since you're an early buyer.